the Rift

[JUDGED] Talking Heads

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The beautiful pale lady introduces herself as Arah, and I make a note in my mind to match face to name in the future. I'm not blind enough to miss her winged companion climbing into the sky, and I try hard to not lick my lips as I watch it rise. I should expect her to be used against me as well. But first, I must turn my eyes back to the mare who is ready to attack me. Arah doesn't give me any warning, but I am waiting already and prepared for her to come for me. The lady charges head on, and I think if I were a unicorn as she that she might impale herself on me. But I am no unicorn and thus have no such defenses.

I extend my claws, digging them into the ground to give myself a good grip on the earth, and brace myself for her attack. The earth beneath me is not as sturdy as I would like, having been thawed by birdsong's warmth and muddied by the recent rain. She comes to a stop in front of me, raising up on her hind legs to thrash her hooves above me. I pin my ears and my amber eyes are wide, pupils dilated as I take in all the visual information around me. I try to dodge out of the way, but my attempt only moves me a few inches; the ground does not provide the traction as I had hoped. Her hooves come down and miss my spine by centimeters, instead hitting my ribcage. I let out a loud roar at her, pain rushing through me as she bruises my bones. The hair on my pelt stands up and I paw at the ground, sliding myself away from her as she lands on the ground on all four feet.

This wasn't personal, and I suppose that it still isn't personal, but with bruised ribs I feel rather unfavorably toward the antlered Arah. And her companion as well: the griffin dives toward me with a screech and I roar in return. Her talons scratch my ear, pulling some skin from it, but fail to take it off. Luckily, in moving to my right, I took myself out of the bullseye that the griffin had likely marked for me. I think to take a swipe at it, but before I can move my paw into action, she has ascended again and is out of my reach.

I don't waste a second in turning my gaze back to Arah, not wanting to let her sneak in any second attack while my attention is diverted. She's on my left now and I turn to face her with a grimace. My ribs hurt, and though I can still breathe, it hurts to take a deep breath. 'I will have to return the favor.' I run toward her, wincing as pain runs through my body from my ribs, and upon reaching her extend my paw with aim to slice open her chest or shoulder should she turn away from me. I hiss, voicing my pain through anger. Perhaps attacking a horse head on isn't the wisest choice, but I'm new to this, and my playbook is yet to be filled out for this match. I hope I'm successful as I pull back, jumping away and remaining facing the mare. My tail waves back and forth with irritation and I try to keep my breathing neutral and mind focused.. but the pain makes me wonder if she hasn't broken a rib.

"Speech."

WC: 594
Attack: 1/3
Badly bruised ribs, aims for Arah's chest or shoulder with claws.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Talking Heads - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Saffron - 12-22-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 12-23-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-11-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-26-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-30-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Official - 02-07-2015, 10:13 AM