the Rift

[JUDGED] Talking Heads

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
It is with great surprise that I watch Arah stay in one spot, even when she sees my oncoming attack. She waits for me, and though I don't slow down, I find myself a little nervous that she is planning something sly and suspicious. Still, my paw flies through the air, claws extended and reaching for her pale hide. Approaching from Arah's left, I'm even more shocked as Arah turns INTO me, rather than away. Is she somehow confused? She moves quickly enough that I still catch her shoulder, as opposed to her chest as I might have hoped to reach. Her screams of pain are like music to my rounded ears, and I feel somewhat better about the bruised ribs she's left me with. My claws slice through her skin and blood rises to the surface. Paw comes off her side and I land back on the ground on all fours, though now we are on opposite sides from where we started.

I turn around, paws squelching slightly as the blood from my opponent mixes with the mud below us. I take a deep breath and wince again, reminded that it hurts to do that. A thin layer of sweat starts to form on my fur, matting it down in just a few spots, as I expend effort to wound my opponent. I am not as in shape as I would like, and she is a bigger target that I am used to taking on. I expect Arah to move away from me, or to lash out with teeth or hooves, but neither of these things happen. I look up into her face and see tears (of pain?) running down her cheeks. But as I gaze into her eyes I'm surprised to see that her eyes are clear and focused, and her golden orbs meet my amber ones.

My feelings of victory and success seem to drift away from my mind, though, the longer I stare into her eyes. I try to pull myself away, but.. something seems to hold me there. The ache in my side falls to a dull thrum, and I don't really notice the blood that streams down the beautiful mare's leg. Instead, the thoughts in my mind start to blur, and all I can hear is soft singing, and I start to wonder why I am here. The thoughts of her griffin Wynter have completely left my mind, and I'm unaware of her spiraling above me in the sky. I shift my weight back and forth, my tail twitching idly behind me as I stand defenseless. Defenseless for the attack by the griffin as she swoops down and I feel myself begin to get tired... more, and more.. until I wish that I might be sleeping now instead of standing here doing...

What am I doing? My mind stirs and I start to notice Wynter close to me. What's that thing hovering by me? The idea that perhaps I'm in the middle of a spar begins to creep into my mind. I vigorously shake my head, breaking eye contact from Arah, and reality starts to rush back into my mind. I look back at Arah but avoid eye contact, realizing now that something about her gaze had been dangerous, and I roar loudly with anger at this magic she has used against me. I leap forward, closing the small distance between us should she fail to move away.

'You should not use your mind tricks against my, beautiful Witch!' I try to grab her with my paws, not to draw blood, but to hold her still. My real attack is with my fangs, hoping to bite into her throat and draw blood from the snowy fae. If I can dip my fangs into her muscles, I can leave her with my OWN brand of magic: hallucinogens. Then we shall see how much she likes this mind war.

"Speech."

WC: 653
Attack: 2/3
Dark x Earth [A] :: Wounds by bite: Inject a neurotoxin that induces delirium, potential for hallucinations. Wears off after 20 seconds in battle.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Talking Heads - by Arah - 12-22-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Saffron - 12-22-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 12-23-2014, 07:24 PM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-11-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-26-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Arah - 01-30-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Talking Heads - by Official - 02-07-2015, 10:13 AM