the Rift

ii. emerge a majesty

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Rishima</style>
the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.</style>

The silver tom-horse does not seem to be very interested in what he was staring at, because now he's staring at me, and I purr at him, raising onto my haunches and unfurling my wings just a little bit. He is very pretty, and I wonder if he thinks I am, too? Because she says I am, and even though she's abandoned me here in the cold I think she is probably right. I wonder if maybe he will be my friend, and just as I am bracing to vocalize at him, I hear my name on the wind.

She's coming back for me!

The game is suddenly remembered, and I chirp urgently at him as he says what I am called, hopeful that he will help me hide and so play along. As I see her shadow growing near, I leap back behind my rock, curling up so she cannot see me and listening to see what the tom-horse will say.

His voice was smooth, authoritative, full of some confidence I felt no affinity for. All that mattered were the words that it formed. She was safe, my little demonic companion, and this unicorn seemed to bear her no ill will. Still I felt my pace lengthen as I neared the pair, a subconscious elongation of starlit strides beneath the bulk of midnight as I hasten myself towards gryphon and brute. Yea, sure enough, by the stallion's feet lies an abandoned white feather, and in my mind I can feel our bond growing strong once more. Relief floods me, not quite drowning the earlier irritation but smothering it, for now. Kali and I would be having a long talk about running off without telling each other first.

But that could wait. For now, I had a stallion to attend to. Tiredly I turned to him, wan amusement in my eyes, a rare flash of buoyant emotion on my face. “Rishima,” I replied, a faint nod accompanying the proffered title, gratitude

“Kali!”

[ working on it -.-]

“Kali!” I cried into the wind, and the wind snatched the words away, rendering them unintelligible and vacant.

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
ii. emerge a majesty - by Kirottu - 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: ii. emerge a majesty - by Rishima - 09-09-2012, 02:01 AM
RE: ii. emerge a majesty - by Kirottu - 09-21-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: ii. emerge a majesty - by Rishima - 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM