the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Mjǫtuðr

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

I will not be ignored

How many days had he traveled to get here? To step amongst the holy shrines and wait for the sense of divinity to suffuse his being, fulfill his soul, for the light of devotion to blind him?

He felt nothing as he stared down the Moon Goddess' shrine, empty and hollow it lay, just like the vacuous and fickle deity herself. A hoot drew his attention to the same damnable cloud forming nearby as had done so last time he visited here, urging him onward and upward, towards that strange floating place in the sky.

And a thought struck him - why the hell not?

These Vanir were holed up in their heavens, descending when it suited them to insult, harass, humiliate, reject and, on exceedingly rare occasion, bless the pathetic mortals below.

Why not ascend to them? To her?

Firmly stepping solid hooves on the strangely dense cloud, Torleik remained stiff and still as he was carried up through the air this time around. If the bitch would not hear him on the ground, he would knock on the sky and demand her audience among the clouds. Irelyn wheeled happily in lazy circles around him, thrilled he was flying again so that he might experience the proper way to move about. At this moment he saw it as a means to an end, a necessary transportation to the rapture he would demand of the hollowly sacrosanct figure he'd so long revered.

Stepping off onto the rocky ground almost before the cloud finished its path, Torleik stalked towards the only landmark he knew: the arena in which he'd sparred with Serenity. Stomping past, the Bloodskald felt he could not stop walking until he felt...something. Anything. Until he found the place he was meant to be. Through trees, over a stream, past a cave (and after all, why wouldn't a cave be on a floating magical island...), his eyes locked onto a promontory not one hundred yards ahead.

His path ramrod straight, the rune-etched viking halted at its peak, gazing out at the empty, wind-whipped sky below. Torleik should have been afraid, but the magic pressure he felt holding him back and the anger pushing him forward clashed, erasing all instinct. Throwing his head back, the Bloodskald howled at the sky.

"SO CALLED GODDESS OF THE MOON, I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! LONG HAVE I WORSHIPED YOU, FROM THE DAYS OF MY FUMBLING YOUTH TO THE DARK MOMENTS OF MY LATER YEARS! NEVER ONCE HAVE I FAILED TO OFFER YOU PRAISE OR SACRIFICE, YET YOU WOULD REJECT ME IN FAVOR OF A PATHETIC, DRUG ADDLED BASTARD?!" he thundered, throat already feeling raw from his violent yelling. "Never once have you revealed yourself to me, blessed me, acknowledge my lifelong service, and I will be damned if I toil piously for nothing!" he snapped, well-aware he didn't have to yell.

He struggled to keep the sneer from his face as the words continued. "Clearly I do not have your favor due to whatever faults you see fit to inscribe on my soul, so I will ask this of you and nothing more: if a life's worth of faithfulness without any divine reassurance is worth anything to you, grant me an advantage over my enemies in battle," the Bloodskald finished, waiting, staring expectantly into the sky, confident his sheer rage would bring the goddess down from her throne on high.

He had more faith than a small village, and never once had he wavered. He deserved this more than a substance-abusing piece of shit deserved intoxication.

"talk talk talk"

@[Random Event]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Using my VOTG pass to quest for Torleik's armor from the Moon Goddess.

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 12-24-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM