the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Mjǫtuðr

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Show enough - you've got your hand on the button now

The febricity of the air around him plummeted and the stallion saw the arcane tendrils of opaque air suddenly clutch at him, the sensation of the fingers snatching and pulling at his mane and pulling, coupled with his seething anger, only served to offer the Bloodskald a strange kind of arousal.

So she wanted to fight back with a show of force.

He would disappoint her by neglecting to be intimidated, it seemed.

Light was sucked out of the world, this moment the antithesis of that instant that heralded creation in an explosion of light, warmth, and energy, and tinseled mirth darted and snaked through the air, simultaneously piercing and caressing the soft fur of his ears. Frozen topaz orbs gazed narrowly at this divine being as she slithered to him, speaking words meant to threaten.

She was a fool if she believed threats would unnerve a warrior. Would he heed her command? Possibly, out of wisdom - but not fear. Never again would he let fear rule him. The Goddess of the Moon slid beneath his chin, her heat nearly burning him and he felt his muscles tense, his own body recoiling within his skin, trying to pull back, get away, it was fire; but he was held fast by her magic, and now she had succeeded in introducing a measure of fear into this mix of anger and arousal.

Was this what it meant to want to mate with someone out of anger? What was it he'd heard it called...? To hate-fuck someone? Yes, that seemed apt. But the weak desires of his flesh were pushed aside for the Goddess' words that blasted away all other sensation, stripping him back down to the core of his reason to be here: rage. She questioned him, his devotion, his worth - and for what? That he chose to live in the Basin with family? That he had, of no volition of his own, acquired magic that was not hers?

A realization struck him like a shard of ice erupting from the ground and hurtling right through his heart. These deities were no more special than the mortals that walked on the ground. They had their magic and their power, and their immortality, but all it served was to allow petulant children to explore and satisfy their every whim and fancy so long as time continued to methodically drag itself forward. If this goddess had no inkling of his devout worship of her (though perhaps in another form) outside of this land, then she was not so powerful as he'd been raised to believe. The borders of Helovia were much more so, indeed.

Her wink and flirtatious compliment were utterly lost on him now that Torleik felt he saw through the ruse, and he merely raised a brow in reply - since, of course, she did not want him to speak. How utterly impressive it was, her display of brute force to silence him when she did not enjoy his vocal displeasure with her actions, or lack thereof. Did she not understand that gods were accountable to their people if they wished to retain any manner of worshipful congregation? Perhaps she simply didn't give a damn. Perhaps her vanity would not let her see.

Well then, he would enlighten her.

She finally released his lips and form, but Torleik saw no particular strategic necessity in moving. Did he assume he would win this battle? Not at all. No mortal bested a god. But he would not be made out a pile of refuse in her world when he could have been the spearhead of her armies, the singer of her praises, composer of her poems, gathering the blood of her fallen enemies to use as his ink, the burnt ash of their bodies as his warpaint.

No one in this place knew what he was capable of, least of all this goddess, it regretfully seemed.

"You are so petty as to count me at fault for a home offered to me by the only family I have left? None of yours sought me out, and those I have interacted with have been the foulest, most ignorant níðingr I have encountered in this land!" The Bloodskald's words were sharp, but heedful of her warning, his tone did not stray to that which he had used to bring her down. "I did not ask for this magic I have - it simply came upon me over time as I have resided here. When I encountered the God of the Sun I asked for nothing from him, only sought to be respectful - and he spat in my face with his mockery. I requested purpose from you because my heart was weak and I was drowning in my own inadequacy and inaction; and you have been my North star throughout the years."

The blood-poet snorted. "It seems you know nothing of what occurs outside of this land if my lifelong devotion to your image, your deified nature means nothing more to you than the once I have seen you in this place. You could have had anything you wished of me. You could have used me however you wanted. I would have prophesied for you, composed song and poems for you, lead your armies and killed for you."

Torleik's eyes became colder than the air around them, expression sharp and hard as an arctic glacier. "You chose a drug-addict instead, one who does not reside in your land and who asked for you to perpetuate his mental and physical weakness." The shadow of a smirk quirked his scarred lips, and he shifted slightly, gazing upon the admittedly beautiful Vanir in front of him. Her physical form was without blemish or flaw, utterly desirable and tantalizing. A shame he could not feel the same about her soul. "You say I make assumptions on your intentions and motives - I do not. To be frank your motives and intentions mean nothing to me, as my life is but a blink in the universe and my understanding minuscule." He took a small step forward, sizable enough to relay his stubborn will. "You ask why you should help me. I ask, why shouldn't you? If worship means anything to you, then this question is already answered. My whole life has been worship of you. If you choose not to help me, you are a hypocrite and show your true colors. Do you value loyalty? If so, this question is already answered, for you are my patron goddess, and I worship no others here as I worship you. If you do not, then you are no better than the mortals above which you hold yourself, for you are equally as petty and fickle as they."

His gaze bored into hers. "Are you not divine?"

@[God of the Moon]
@[Random Event]

"talk talk talk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: So slight edit. Since the giving tree gave Torleik his armor, this will be a quest to enchant said armor. :D

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 12-24-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM