the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Mjǫtuðr

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
[undefined=undefined]

The Goddess was growing bored of this little palaver and fast. She had no need to explain herself to Torleik much less anyone else, including her own kin. Little by little her patience clawed backwards, revealing an icy disdain and glare upon her beautiful features.

"And why should mine have sought you out? You are nothing. They, like me, have no need of you." She laughed cruelly in his face. If this was an indication of the direction of the rest of the conversation, the Goddess would not remain long enough to hear it. Was he really going to play the pity card? I didn't know where else to go ... they took me in.. That was supposed to support his charge of his strength? His reverence? That he would be so easily thrown from her grace and light by mere relations and convenience?

Her lilac tail flicked as he mentioned her brother, silver eyes rolling out of boredom. "I care very little about what my brother does. Perhaps you annoyed him as you are annoying me. " She snapped.

However surprise and genuine confusion graced her delicate features as he mentioned the lands outside of Helovia. What did she care about those lands for? It was here, in Helovia that her magic reigned supreme, that she controlled the darkness of the void and the winds. Did he really think that her interest in him - or anyone else - should extend beyond where she was queen? What interest had she in areas where she had no power? No claim? Snorting the Goddess shook her head, attempting to cut him off from continuing but failing. "Your actions outside of Helovia are of little consequence to me Bloodskald. I am Helovia's sole guardian of the depths of night and its winds." She replied dismissively, not realizing that it was to her that Torleik thought he had pledged himself all those years ago. "I picked the addict because he is amusing. His weaknesses can be easily exploited. But you? With your pride, your ego, your braids? You are predictable. Boring. A warrior? Lovely. I have plenty. What shall I have you do for me? Write me a sonnet? Spill some blood? You and a hundred others"

She ignored largely his retort. If it was meant to corral her into helping him in order to save her vanity it would not work. He had no leverage with which to tie the lavender beauty down.

"There will never be a time that I am not worshiped. Never be a time that my powers cannot envelope and suffocate all others. I am worshiped because I am the queen of Helovia. Those who do not recognize that deserve the fates that will befall them. And those that do, do not demand such petty reassurance or coddling as you seem to. Do you know how many hundreds here worship me? I owe no allegiance to you boy simply because you have chosen to worship the strongest God. I would think you a fool if you did not, but you do not deserve praise for making a smart decision. " She paused, unsure of whether or not to continue this idle chatter or simply to leave. Yet the stallion had proven a fair conversationalist thus far. At least he was competent enough to respond to her questions.

"Mere worship entitles you to nothing, although so far your worship...leaves much to be desired. You've been in Helovia what? A year? Two? And what have you done? Visited a broken shrine? Watched as did many others when I descended into the Woods? Is that all Torleik? You say you would do things for me. Would lead armies, kill, compose ballads but what have you done? The answer is nothing. I do not want your worship when it is comprised of mere words. I will not accept that as a token of anything when it is you who demands things of me first. That is not how this works. Those who dwell in my lands receive my favor. Those who do things in my name, my honour, receive my favor. Those who merely talk about it get nothing. "

Her tail lashed behind her like some sort of wildcat waiting to pounce. This was it. His last chance, his last stand to say something worth hearing. But if all he had to offer was his scorned pride because she had not done enough for him, she would go. Let her brothers handle him.

Messages In This Thread
Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 12-24-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 03:33 PM