the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Mjǫtuðr

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

I don't know what it is about the way, the feeling of a different decay

Torleik's brows furrowed, wondering what the hell he was supposed to do to be worthy if worshiping her all his days didn't even warrant her 'herd' seeking him out to recruit him. It cut to his core that she had no need of him, that she felt him so small and insignificant that she would spit this in his face, lord it over him that she was so great and mighty and cared not one fucking bit about him.

And after all his faith. All his prayers. All his love.

The Bloodskald's words continued but a maggot had found its way into his brain when the Goddess of the Moon snapped back to him that she was the sole guardian of Helovia's night and winds - so why should she concern herself with what happened outside of the borders of this place?

Never a time she would not be worshiped.

Never a time she would not be strong.

She was the queen of Helovia.

Of Helovia only.

Of course.

To her, as she stated, his worship had only been a paltry, pathetic offering. It all made sense now. Every insult, every cutting breath, every demoralizing rejection. His lifetime of worship meant nothing to her because he had never worshiped her. Every prayer had been given up to the sky, for what? To whom? Every offering, every act of valor, for what? To whom? Were there even gods in the land he'd come from? Any deities that resided over his home? And as he felt the ground giving way beneath his hooves, crumbling and letting him fall, Torleik could not bring himself to meet the lilac form of the goddess in front of him any longer.

A cruelly wry smile quirked his scarred lips and the blood-poet snorted bitterly, his only defense against this world-breaking revelation sarcasm and doggedly marching onward. He could feel later. Deal with it later. Fall apart later. Not here. Not now. Not in front of her.

"You are right," he murmured, voice trembling just the slightest bit. "I have worshiped the idea of you my whole life, but where in this world is there anyone like you but you?" The question was not pandering, nor fawning; no sycophantic lies would pass his teeth. "Where in the world are you a power but in this land?" Torleik shook his rune-horned head. "My failures mount, and my ignorance shames me time and time again. My life has been prayers to what? Air? Nothing? Deeds done in the name of one who I haven't a clue ever existed, now." He gritted his teeth. "But you? You are real. You are here. I can demand nothing of you because I have given nothing. I ask, instead, what you want from me that I might be shown a small favor - that you might bless my armor with magic so that I will never be without it."

The Bloodskald's eyes had been fixed to the ground the entire time and he did not lift them now. He would not grovel. How could he know that her power did not extend over all of the world he knew? He could he know that he worshiped two different moons? His was not willful ignorance and he did not need to beg forgiveness for his simple, mortal understanding of deities and their power. If she showed him mercy and offered him a task or a trade, he would be surprised. He expected to be turned away and cast aside, just as all the other gods had done. He was nothing to them, held no value. Torleik accepted that, now. All that remained was to finish this small quest of his, to see if he could get what he wanted somehow.

The outlook, however, was bleak.

@[Random Event]
@[God of the Moon]
"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 12-24-2014, 03:59 AM