the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Mjǫtuðr

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

He started off by admitting that she was right; what every woman loves to hear. So she stayed, the lines of her elegant and sleek body becoming more and more relaxed as he spoke. Ahhh so that was it then. That others could have power that reflected or even rivalled her own was not a topic of thought the Goddess often pondered. It ignited a fury within her that left ugly and deep wrinkles upon her brow. No one likes to be confronted by their own limitations, least of all those who act as if they have none.

That she was real was obvious, but that his desire to prove himself to her was not quite so clearly justified. Why? He had been professing is adoration to particles of dust, why should any of that devotion transfer to her now? He had clearly been mistaken. Perhaps there was much he was mistaken of. In his mind (ohh yes, she wheedled her way secretly into the waves of his mind, if not its depths) she saw Ophelia. Ophelia who worshipped the Sun. And what would this warrior think of that? Why not follow the Sun instead? Indeed why follow any of them - he had done well for himself so far it seemed, with his prayers being answered only by the sweat of his back.

Still ...

She would not send him away. Perhaps his beliefs were irrational and held no real foundation, but those were the strongest of all. For what could falsify that which did not rely on evidence? All he needed to know was that she existed, and indeed she did.

Her tail gently swayed behind her body now, much more feminine and alluring than her previous stance that suggested she might kill him at any moment. Her eyes glistened with starlight, twinkling with amusement and a hidden agenda for the steed. "Just imagine how boring the tale of your beginning as a knight of the moon would have been, had I merely sent you off on some errand in the woods. No better than the Addict." She began, her voice a powerful melody. "Your conviction is impressive Torleik. As are your-" Her eyes drunk in his body with an insatiable appetite, as her delicate head tilted slightly to allow herself full view of his robust physique. "-skills. Since it is to me you have already pledged your loyalty I shall reward your efforts, however mistaken they may have been on two conditions. The first, is that you shall swear your unbreakable fealty to me. The second, is that I shall call upon you at some later date when I need your service. You say that you would lead my armies, fight my wars and write my praises, but I have a much more ... delicate matter that I will need assistance with."

Her velvety lips turned upwards as she cast an approving gaze upon the stallion who only moments ago she had considered banishing, or perhaps abandoning. Now that her haste had been quelled she saw him for exactly what he was - that which he had always professed to be. A devoted warrior, a champion of the moon.

"Do you accept my terms?"

Torleik will be gifted his enchanted armour now on two conditions: The first is that he swears loyalty to the Goddess. The second is that he obligates himself to her future service.

Messages In This Thread
Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-23-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 12-24-2014, 03:59 AM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by God of the Moon - 01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Mjǫtuðr - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 03:33 PM