[OPEN] lips stained red from a bottle of wine

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
so tell me why I should run for cover
at the sound of the coming thunder</style>

Megaera well understood the black stallion’s fascination with the fire, she had been just as curious when she’d first come here. Her childhood home had been a cold wasteland, with no gods to speak of and empty of magic. In Helovia she had discovered wonders and had embraced them with open heart; this fire being one of the first miracles to melt away her suspicion and fear. Her gaze wandered from the fire only when he questioned her again. Her head tilted slightly at his strange words, they definitely had a similar sound to the language Gaucho sometimes used, but she could put no meaning to the individual syllables alone. What what kind? “Sheck vojor…” She repeated quietly and slowly, imitating the sounds. “Do you mean the Sun God?” It made the most sense for that to be his question, given the things she had just told him, and for another moment she though over her answer. Was He kind? It wasn’t something the mare had considered, and she had little enough individual interaction with the deity to truly know. “No, not kind… Powerful…” That much was plain enough “And beautiful… He protects this land but more, I think, because it is His than a selfless love for those in it.” He explanation was lacking, she knew, but it encompassed all she had seen and heard of her God. She wanted to know more herself, but the gods were distant. Fearsome creatures, and Meg was afraid of the Sun God even as she loved him.

The mare remained where she was and watched carefully as the stallion moved around the fire, sizing him up and a new comrade, as an opponent. He was about Gaucho’s size, which she knew from her recent spar with the Sultan meant a few solid hits from him and she’d be gasping for breath, but at least he didn’t have antlers for her to worry about, or spikes around his neck. Her shoulder gave a twitch as she remembered those spikes, the four thick lines of newly healed scar tissue still itched from time to time. His second question had her turning back to the fire, thinking fondly of the two diviners. The affection came through in her voice both herdmates, past and present. “No, not warriors. Africa was more of a counselor, very kind and sweet. Tandavi…well I don’t know her well but I think she is strong, on the inside more than anything, and the Sun God chose her as his voice so…”

Her voice trailed off as she turned her head back to the stallion. He was staring at her rather that the fire and that puzzled Megaera. She was nothing special to look at, especially next to the enchanting blaze in front her. There was something in his gaze that the little warrior could not place; primal, almost predatory. Whatever it was in made her feel slightly unsettled, and when Meg was unsettled her temper began to rise. Her back tail whipped across her hocks as she shifted her position, angling herself to face Einarr instead of the fire. “What?” Her tone was just a bit sharp and ears fell a fraction closer to her skull. If he was going to attack her, she’d throw the bastard into the fire and damned if she’d go too.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: lips stained red from a bottle of wine - by Megaera - 01-26-2015, 12:16 PM