the Rift

[PRIVATE] New worlds for the weary

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Every heart is much the same, we tell ourselves down here;
The same chambers fed by veins, the same maze of love and fear.

Kipling does not have to wait long. His tactless display serves its intended purpose, and soon a compact chestnut equine reveals themselves. They carry themselves with a calm grace that the colt would never possess, and as if to prove this point, he begins to jog in place with barely contained excitement as they come to a stop.

When she speaks, her voice is different and quite unlike anything Kipling had ever heard before. But because he only knew two voices besides his own until his very recent arrival in Helovia, new voices are something he has quickly become accustomed to. He does not overthink it (he never does). He replies with a cheery, “You came, Philosopher-horse!” His delight is obvious. “Hello! I’m Kipling!” He does not notice that he punctuates each sentence with a resounding exclamation point.

Now Kipling pauses to look at her more closely, narrowing his eyes in intense concentration. So, this is what a philosopher looks like, He tells himself, studying the glossy tones of her coat. She is adorned with flashy chrome, not too unlike himself. Pleased with what he has found, the colt relaxes his gaze again and smiles in a self-pleased manner. See, you already look the part. Well, mostly. This is great. This is going to be great.

He realizes she has asked a question, and Kipling remembers that he must speak when spoken to. Speaking is an important part of philosophy, right? “I’m new here and I’m a Gen-uh… Gener-… a new learning person!” He announces proudly. “Essetia brought me to the Hidden Falls and she told me I should meet my mentor and that’s you! So I called for you! So, what do we do now?!” Look at how resourceful and clever I am! Exclamation point, exclamation point, exclamation point.

Don't you leave us in the dark!

Lyrics by Josh Ritter, "In the Dark"

@[Dröm]

Messages In This Thread
New worlds for the weary - by Kipling - 12-25-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: New worlds for the weary - by Dröm - 12-25-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: New worlds for the weary - by Dröm - 12-26-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: New worlds for the weary - by Kipling - 12-26-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: New worlds for the weary - by Kipling - 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM