the Rift

[JUDGED] It's Like Chasing Lightning

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

It was like a game with death, and she was exhilarated. She may be in pain, she may not be sure that she would really be able to walk after this, but she didn’t care. At least she could feel something other than sadness, loneliness, worry. She screamed, unable to move her left limb out of the way in enough time to miss his attack. It was a different scream, though. It was more than just a scream of pain. You see it was also one of anger. Anger not only at herself (for being incapable of missing that attack) but at the world for not allowing her to receive this pain earlier.

Their eyes lock as Kaj flails, trying to figure out how to careen away from Resplendence, and all she can see is his wide-eyed panic. I’m fine! I’m fine! Please just keep going! She wanted to scream at him, but Valiance didn’t believe that she was fine, and so he dove from the sky and tried to burn the one whom he had trusted to teach Res without scarring her forever.

She lunges forward, trying to meet his flesh, but as he lunges away from Valiance he also lunges away from Resplendence. All she can do is miss her target., and only when she feels the hard CLACK of her own teeth hitting each other does she force her limbs to press into the ground and eyes to take in the firefight that was happening before her own eyes. Kaj just barely misses the blow that would have burned his face and it is only when electricity sparks from his own body and thunder rumbled through the air that Res gasps.

She shuffles backwards, away from her King – no, her brother - as his body sparks, causing his own mane to catch fire. ”Kaj!” she screeches, trying to figure out how to help him and no longer caring about the fact that she had to fight. It didn’t matter anymore, he was hurting and she was supposed to fix this. She stumbles backwards, struggling to figure out how to fix Kaj, only to have lightning strike the ground in front of her. It does not touch her, but it scares her – taking the breath from her lung as she rears up just a little too far. The deep sand moves out from under her, trapping her from her pastern down as she rocks backward. Her body goes too far and she can’t find the center of balance anymore. She topples over, crashing down upon her back with a loud THUD and gasps for air.

Instantly, she tries to force herself onto her stomach, to stand up. Her body heaves under the pressure, front legs aching while Valiance circles around again. ”Lightning. His fault. Pain. I will give pain.” he hisses, feeling the radiating pain through her frame. He doesn’t care about the electricity that was still sparking in the air, all he cared about was making Kaj feel the pain as well. So he sparked fire again, this time at his back – trying so desperately to send tendrils of fire down his spine and hurt him. He tried to do this as Res clambered back to her feet, knowing that her haunches and withers would be bruised from all of her weight collapsing upon itself. She winced, balancing on her right side, before continuing to move out of the area that she thought was infected by the lightning.

PAUSE. LIGHTNING! There is LIGHTNING!

She panics, eyes widening in shock as she realizes, begging Valiance to get out of the area. ”Valiance! Valiance get OUT OF THERE!” she tries to command as she favors her fractured left limb. Except he doesn’t leave. He continues to circle, still sending puffs of fire in Kaj’s direction with minimal aim other than for skin. He didn’t care if he singed off all of his mane and tail, he didn’t care if his entire body was burned. No. All Valiance cared about was that Kaj realized he was not supposed to have hurt Res in this entire endeavor. ”Not enough. Deserve hurt.” Valiance huffed through the bond before finally starting to listen to Res and taking his designated place atop her poll.

”I’m sorry!” She says, voice quick and uncertain. Valiance wasn’t supposed to be a part of this fight. Valiance wasn’t supposed to scar her own family over something meant to be training! ”I’m angry and he’s angry and he hasn’t learned self-control,” she pleaded, trying to find a way to explain the hatred that was circling through their bond like vultures ready to feast. It was eating her alive, infecting her companion, and she just wanted to fix it – even if it was by throwing punches…

Let her be strong…

[800/800] && [3/3]
@[Kaj] - omg good fight ;-;

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 12-25-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Kaj - 01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: It's Like Chasing Lightning - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM