[JUDGED] The same heart beats | Meg

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
so tell me why I should run for cover
at the sound of the coming thunder</style>

She felt the ground move beneath her, a rumbling quake that sent shockwaves up the two forelegs that remained connected to the earth. The mare faltered, a moment of panic that had an image of the floating isle falling from its magical suspension and into the earth below passed through her mind, and all those without wings upon it falling right along with it to their doom. The distraction weakened her attack and spoiled her aim. The flesh she felt behind her was thick, far too solid to be that stallion’s head, his chest then? No mater, she had to move. even she knew that standing around with her back to him was a mistake. So she collected her footing and prepared to spring away after finishing her kick.

This was harder than she had thought it would be. Megaera had had no illusions of Gaucho being any easy opponent but she had overestimated her own skill. How much had she really fought? So little, and even less so of a one on one battle. In her youth it had been purely defense, a desperate attempt to avoid her brothers. With the wraiths, she had been aided and that quarry hadn’t exactly been it its right mind. But this? This was nearly impossible. Gaucho was stronger, and could attack from a distance where she could not. In order to land a blow she had to expose herself to his massive physical strength and could his flames could reach her and she approached or retreated. She could not keep this up much longer. Her right side ached and would bruise heavily before tomorrow morning and all across her from the flames had raked her, even her magic could not keep all that wicked sting from her mind.

The launched away from her landing spot, digging her hooves into the grassy earth for traction as she raced forward a few strides. She felt Gaucho move behind her, was he lunging at her? Of course she thought he would be and she thought she felt him brush her thigh, light enough to be called a miss but indeed a very close one. She tried in an instant to think of her next move but nothing brilliant would come to her so quickly. As often happened, adrenaline cut off most of her ability to plan critically. Face him! was all her mind gave her and so after a few more hasty strides to try and gain some semblance of distance and she spun again, using her wings to balance her and prepared to face the oncoming giant if he had continued forward.

She was met with a fearsome sight. In the glowing antlers, the great steel-skinned snake sat coiled, fangs bared and seemingly ready to strike. Meg should have known that Mara would not bite her, but this sight, so close and sudden drove that surety from her mind and she recoiled. Panic drove her backwards, skittering in retreat from fangs and tines and the threat of fire. “Enough!” she shouts, half terror and half command, and prays that the Sultan will listen.

- - -

WC: 518
Attack: 3/3
Defense: 1/1

Summary: Meg runs forward and away from Gaucho as he misses, turns to face him, is frightned by the sight of him and Mara so close and yells for a halt.
Notes: Hmmm, I think I definitely fudged the last summary. In the post I tried to have her magic happening when she had already hit him and was up in the air, woops! Could we continue this in another Thread? Meg would like to be all “PWEASE LEARN ME FIGHTING!!”
Tags: @[Gaucho]

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
The same heart beats | Meg - by Gaucho - 12-25-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Megaera - 12-28-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Gaucho - 12-29-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Megaera - 01-02-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Gaucho - 01-02-2015, 03:27 AM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Megaera - 01-07-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Gaucho - 01-08-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Megaera - 01-11-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: The same heart beats | Meg - by Official - 01-28-2015, 12:42 AM