the Rift

[OPEN] A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching]

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
K V O T H E

I was in love. The grand turtle on the island had granted me a small, fragile-looking egg. I didn't know what the turtle's logic was behind it, I was no bird, imcouldn't keep it warm like it's mother could. But I did my best, keeping the egg nestled in my thick mane, and I kept my gait as smooth as I could as to not jar my precious burden.

The grass beneath my hooves turned to sand, then hard packed earth, although considering the grasses that sprouted around, rain had been kind here. The desert. I was close, and mentally I winced. Five days I had told Spice. It had taken me longer, little over a week. Not too late by most standards, but for me it was horribly delayed.

In the distance loomed a massive wave of heat from some sort of crater. I didn't go near it, to fearful the heat would injure my precious cargo. So I settled instead for finding a warm spot to lay the egg down, and I quickly built a little nest of sand and scrub brushes for it.

Like an anxious mother hen I grazed with one eye focused upon the white shell. I wasn't a violent being by any means, but when a snake went near my egg, admittedly I scared it off by threatening to hurt it with horn and hoof. Under my watch nothing would harm this growing child. Especially not when... when something was coming. Something that kept me on edge, nervously grazing around my egg.

Eventually I couldn't take it any longer, and returned to my egg's side to stand and wait. My lips ran over the white shell, searching for cracks or damage. It felt warm... was the egg too hot? I toss my head with a snort, bells chiming. And for once they irritated me. The noise was distracting, I needed to focus on my charge... how could I disappoint the turtle by killing this egg in my distraction? I continued to walk around egg, anticipation broiling in my chest with each passing minute.

@[Rei]
"Speech speech specch."

Messages In This Thread
A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-02-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-04-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-04-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-11-2015, 10:25 PM