the Rift

[OPEN] A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching]

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

I cannot help the laugh that escapes me, filled with eager joy like that of a young colt. "I'd be willing to begin whenever you wish! There is naught on this earth, save Elodin, I love more than learning something new." I grin at her, the tip of my tail twitching back and forth like that of a cat's. "Your grandfather sounds like quite the wonderful man. I wish I could have met him, you were lucky to have him in your life."

However, there is a problem in my eagerness that I did not foresee...

What would I use for a brush?

I balk at the thought of using my antler; I was vain enough that I did not wish to carry around ink-stains upon my brow, plus it would be very difficult. Mayhap if I had a traditional horn, it could be manageable, but my antler was far too long, the position I would have to be in would be undoubtedly uncomfortable.

Rei, bless her heart, gives the idea of using feathers as my brush, and a grin tugs at my lips. "I'd not ask you to shed your feathers for me... but mayhap I can use those." I gesture with my horn to Elodin's nest, where a few pale feathers escaped the horror of the babe's birth fluid.

"I would love to hear such a story, Rei, especially one of your kin's kin." But the hour grows late, and I glance to the darkening sky. It had been afternoon when Rei chanced upon me... had we truly talked the day away? It did not feel as such, but the weight upon my eyelids backed the fact up, and I looked towards my newfound friend with fond sorrow.

"I must apologize Rei, but it grows late...do you not need to return to your herd?" I, of course, would find some place to bed down soon enough, some place out of the desert air, for the sand grows cold at night and my beloved Elodin was so fragile... I feared, deep within my soul, that if I slept outside like I was wont to do, I would awaken to the cold body of a child not yet a day out of the shell.

It was the semi-irrational fear of a parent, of one who had little to loose or care about before, that was suddenly thrusted into a world of responsibility.

@[Rei]

Messages In This Thread
A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-02-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-04-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-04-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Rei - 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: A New Tale Begins[Egg Hatching] - by Kvothe - 01-14-2015, 11:48 PM