the Rift

[OPEN] three isn't a crowd [Welcoming]

liriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

l i r i e l ;

I watch Elsa take off, excitement flooding me. I take flight after her, my wings groaning in protest. Perhaps my mind had forgotten its fatigue, but my body hadn’t. I’m relieved that Elsa’s home is only a short flight away; although I love flying, I can’t wait to land only moments after I’ve launched into the air. It’ll take a few days’ rest to reverse the effects of the frightened flight I’d taken across the oceans. I fly just a nose behind Elsa, my eyes wandering everywhere. From up above, Helovia stretches out as far as I can see and wave after wave of verdant forests and meadows pan out below. And suddenly the smooth landscape shoots up into tall mountains with morning mist still clinging to their peaks.

Crystal ribbons of water lace the towering rocks and even from the sky I can hear the thunderous roar of the falls. The land is beautiful and in that instant, I know I’ve made the right choice. I laugh quietly at Elsa’s commentary, following her past the curtain of water that seems to act as a gate to her home. When we land amidst bright emerald fields, I find myself overwhelmed by my new home. I twirl around on the spot, drinking in all that my eyes can see as though I’m suddenly afraid that if I don’t see it all now it will disappear. I hear Elsa begin her introductions and I turn back, a radiant smile lighting up my face. “It’s more beautiful than I imagined.”

I watch Edgar flutter away after some butterflies, amused by his antics and soothed by just how normal everything seemed. I nod in agreement to Elsa’s statement. Out of the choices she’d offered, medic had called to me. I’ve always wanted to make a difference and put myself in a position to help others. It excites me to learn, for I know bits and pieces of healing theory and I can rattle off the names of medicinal plants that I’ve learned through following my father in his studies, but I’ve never been able to actually practice it or know the subject fully. “Yes. I think I’d fit in best as a medic. Helping others has always been a passion of mine.” I pause, the expression on my face turning thoughtful. “How do I get started?

------------------

@[Elsa]

Messages In This Thread
three isn't a crowd [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 12-26-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: three isn't a crowd [Welcoming] - by liriel - 12-27-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: three isn't a crowd [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 12-28-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: three isn't a crowd [Welcoming] - by liriel - 12-28-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: three isn't a crowd [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 01-01-2015, 09:47 AM