Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Paladin did not know why this mare had such a pull on him, and he had to clench his jaw to keep himself from showing the sympathy he felt. He watched as her ears tilted with uncertainty, lovely lilac eyes moving over his battle-torn figure. The crimson eyes that returned her gaze were cold and impartial, and they did not drift from her face to her tantalizing form. Instead, he stood like a statue of a warrior; proud, tall, and almost surreal. He was distantly polite, and any warmth that managed to filter into his voice or actions was nothing more than polite. Did she deserve this treatment from him? He sighed. She had chosen to stand at Crane's side when they met that day on the beach. The grey had used him and moved on to the next 'big thing'.

She approached, and he furrowed his brows, gritting his teeth when he felt her soft, whiskered muzzle move over his nape. Did she remember nothing? What gave her the right to treat him like they had once been when she had made an absolute fool of his emotions? The black stallion did not rip his neck away. He did not stomp his hooves in irritation or distance himself from her. Instead, he turned his neck so that his crimson eyes could stare directly into her purple ones, the expression stern and cold. "I was given little other choice as I watched this place fall into lethargy," he replied, his voice still rich, but apathetic. He deserved this? What was he supposed to say to that? "I will not remain lead much longer. The herd will choose its own leaders soon."

This subtle game of nuances and emotions was growing tiring, and, like a typical man, he decided to barrel through the cloud of delicacies and attack the situation. "You had your chance long ago, Valhalla," he said pointedly, making sure that their eyes remained locked. "I loved you, and you chose Crane. I do not blame you for that decision, but it was made. I chose Soleil, and I never thought that I could experience such love as I do with her." Paladin sighed a little, ebony ears tilted to the side in irritation with this entire situation. "You are a brilliant mare, and I appreciate your presence. However, what we had will never be again." You made your choice, and I made mine. There is no going back.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, EQUALITY

Messages In This Thread
we become silhouettes [paladin] - by Valhalla - 09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: we become silhouettes [paladin] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: we become silhouettes [paladin] - by Valhalla - 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: we become silhouettes [paladin] - by Paladin - 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM