the Rift

[OPEN] the breeze whispers

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

An infestation of ideals, of deliberate examination and weighted conversations, marks the broad minds of the girl and fox. It is a shift, though subtle: the slightest twist of a careful smile, the smallest drop in an overfilled cup; not enough to ignite a cascade, but enough to upset, to unbalance, to revise. The world is distant at the edge of this evening, though the girl cannot quite place how. A part of her knows, though, whispers it, screams it, fiercely and softly insists that it is now time to change.

They arrive for their patrol in a pensive mood, bearers of a quiet air and keepers of a thousand thoughts. Nimble hooves pick through rebellious growth, following and abandoning worn trails at will, making a new way through mist and meadow toward the crystalline pool. Golden-gazed brother is not far behind; he appears beside her in a burst of movement, drawn to shallow water and the creatures within. Keen nostrils twitch, whiskers flickering: the boy has not consumed fish in some time. Today the breeze whispers a promise of change.

In the spaces between ripples and splashes and mirth she looks at her face in the halycon pool. Black eyes peer back through a gilded crescent and a braided forelock, beneath lilac flower and above the soft glow of the shower of sparks which encircles her form. It is a worn face, a pretty face, but the girl is left wondering- is it my face? Who am I, she asks it: fire child, golden wraith, daughter of moonlight and shadow and sun? Am I naught but the memory of a family long gone, the echoes of dragons and starlight and pines? Am I their shadow cast by the sun?

And if I
am, then what of me is me?

Abruptly her reflection distorts, replaced by a small three-tailed fox, who stares at her through eager gold eyes, a fish clasped triumphantly in his toothy jaws. Not them anymore, the kitsune declares. Not Mother. Not anyone. Now Tavi and Raj. Now we just us.

And finally, gloriously, the words ring true, and the girl nods, onyx gaze ardent. Yes she agrees with her wiser half. You're right. I'm ready. It is time to change.

speech

@[Rhoa] @[Cera]
[ patrol time! unexpected life changing moment ]

THE FIREDANCER
for it was I who walked among the falling stars, and did not burn
credit | credit

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-26-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-27-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 12-29-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 01-11-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-22-2015, 12:31 AM