the Rift

[OPEN] the breeze whispers

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
RHOA
I belong anywhere but inbetween
I look at Natraj for the first time, having only glanced him bounding around at herd meetings in the past. I've never seen anything like him before, although I've heard of his species. He isn't like I imagined at all. I thought with all those tails Kitsunes would be .. awkward looking, as if their anatomy has been horribly screwed up. But he isn't like that at all. He's well formed and appears graceful and strong. The back of my mind reels to the bird-lady and to the egg on the beach, and the emptiness spreads once again. I stifle it immediately, biting my lip hard enough to cause me to wince.

Don't think about it.

"Yes!" I respond. The enthusiasm in my voice causes it to crackle, bringing to the forefront my youthfulness that I try to hide. I can feel blood rush to my face, although thankfully my dark coat once again keeps it hidden. "That is, yes I am. Are you?" I repeat, willing my voice to be steady with literally every fibre I can manage.

She asks about our history and I feel a surge of relief. I know a lot. Mother (before she left) taught me plenty. I know about Kri and Midas and Father. I know about the Sun God .. the mental list I'm compiling abruptly halts as fear creeps in, as it so often does. What if that isn't actually a lot? What if there is more to learn and I just .. haven't yet? Mother is gone, perhaps our lessons weren't over? Perhaps we started with only the basics, the things that everyone knows, and that the more interesting stuff, the stuff that might impress Tandavi, was withheld until later? Only there never was a later. uuughghghghghghghgh.

"I know a bit.." I say somewhat hesitantly, now self-conscious about whether or not the body of information that I do know is sufficient or not. "Before my Mother left she was teaching Ivezho and me - err, Ivezho and I - about the lore of the Throat. Father has told me all about the Invasions of course .. but Mother taught me about our previous leaders, Kri the Resolute and Midas the Gallant.." I trail off, my green gaze unable to rise to meet her own, so instead I stare at my hooves. Is this what she wanted? Is this what she meant?

I hazard a quick glance, but the sudden motion caused my forelock to fall squarely over my eyes distorting my vision. Raising one of my burning wings I lean my head to the left to try and brush the dark hair awkwardly from my eyes.

Table style by Tamme!

Messages In This Thread
the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-26-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 01:15 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 12-27-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 12-29-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Cera - 01-11-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: the breeze whispers - by Tandavi - 01-22-2015, 12:31 AM