the Rift

[OPEN] If it glows, I take

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin

Once upon a time...

The half-child frowns when he catches sight of Heart Caves. He hadn’t meant to go this way at all. He had meant to head North, back to the Basin, where he could find Erebos. In fact, he is quite ready to turn around when Tobias bleats softly. Tilting his head, the half child watches the way the Cerndyr looks concernedly at the underground, as though he desires to travel below. Brief flashes of images- a black body that looks more like a shadow than reality- enter Adelric’s mind. Is there some mystery below that Tobias is eager to solve? Perhaps. So, though he believes it would be best for him to return to the Basin, he obliges his companion, who has otherwise followed him with unwavering loyalty.

To the hole in the ground they go, looking at the darkness, and the half-child pauses at the top. He has never been below here before, though he has heard brief tales of the place from his mother. But an evil past does not dissuade the scientist. In fact, it intrigues him. Monsters with unnatural faces, limbs not the way they should be, monstrous desires to eat and chew and infect… It is a macabre subject, but it fascinates him, especially now that he stands at the threshold of the reminders of such evil days. With a smirk directed towards Tobias, the half-child descends, his hooves clicking along the stony ground.

The switch from bright daylight to the murky light provided by the flickering of the underground flames is difficult to adjust to at first, and the half-child barely notices the tail hairs of the mystery horse disappearing down one of the tunnels. Is this one of the monsters that his mother had spoken of? Whickering softly to Tobias, the half-child begins down the tunnel as well, trying to allow his eyes to adjust. For now he says nothing- he has always been a man of few words and has never tried to draw attention to himself. Perhaps he will just observe for now, if he can catch up… Breaking into a slow trot as his eyes adjust, he looks to Tobias for guidance, but the deer’s eyes are focused on the darkness ahead of the pair, trying to once again catch sight of the dark shadow he had seen.

@[Rhoa]

...there was a lonely boy.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 12-30-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 01-05-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Rhoa - 02-09-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: If it glows, I take - by Adelric - 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM