the Rift

!! Angel of Mercy

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I had been broken. I had been beyond broken. But, finally, I had been granted the time to grieve through the two seasons of being unable to speak. Introspection can, for the most part, allow one to finally feel free again. Yet, I was still missing something I had always seen as integral to me. I wanted my companion back - I wanted a companion. No, I needed a companion. Perhaps I wouldn't have gotten lost if I'd still had one. Perhaps I wouldn't have been 'kidnapped' and abused on the way back.

Oh, that didn't matter. I tried to shove those thoughts out of my head. I tried to concentrate on the image of a lovely, red-tailed hawk floating around near me. I remembered the times my old companion had spoken to me. And I remembered the joy that he had brought me - the joy that I had only found mirrored when I was with Alleo.

I had found what I thought was my family, but this companion... it was the last step to completing it. I was prepared for the pain. I had felt the pain. But... I had also accepted the pain. I had learned to deal with pain for years. But now... now I was actually prepared for it.

So I walked. I moved myself across this strange land that was floating and headed toward the center of it. I could feel the trees, the way they swayed. I could vaguely feel the vibrations that proved the edges wouldn't allow me to fall off and into a nothingness. Then, once I felt as though I were settled, I prayed. I prayed for the Earth God to come. After all... I didn't know how to get back down from here so I wasn't exactly sure that going to the Veins was going to be happening soon.

turning in my quest for a companion || thread link below table

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Three who lost/almost lost a companion
-- I officially hate angels || Aurelia, lost Shiva right in front of Rasta
-- Maps || Phaedra explains almost losing Stella
-- Stay With Me || Cirrus comes to terms with losing Sitka in front of Rasta

Mute Threads
-- Love && Loss
-- Slow Motion
-- Dead in the Water
-- cut through the rock
-- Devil Grass