the Rift

!! Angel of Mercy

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
He was quiet while I spoke. It was as if he knew that, even through my pauses, it was difficult to find the right way to word the bubbling emotions that were flickering around inside my cranium. Grateful. Yes, I was grateful that he cared enough to let me fumble for words instead of trying to dismiss me.

However, he spoke of Phaedra - saying that she had been murdered. Shock filled my features, shock and pain for the mare who had gone through so much. "That's… awful." I breathed, eyes shutting for a second as I felt him shake his head - a sigh reaching the air before his words. A reminder that the pain is not just for me, but for my companion as well. "I will, sire. I will do my best to keep the same pain from reaching either of us again…" and my blind eyes opened, gaze searching for his emerald one as a sign of respect even though I knew it would not look as though I were focused upon him.

He spoke more, saying that he was pleased with me and I could only bow my head, words stuck in my throat. I could feel his wing move away to reveal an egg in his clutches. He said it was for me and there were tears welling in my eyes from gratitude and shock. I still hadn't been completely certain he'd be able to give me another one. But, as he came over to me, allowing his breath to flood across my withers I didn't even flinch. Normally I would have, from fear. But, because of the peace that radiated around his form I found no reason to predict pain. And, when I felt him move back I could also feel the egg held in what seemed to be a pouch of flowers that was entwined in my mane. "Thank you, sire. Thank you so much. If I can ever do something to repay you let me know - I will do my best. This means the world," And a few tears fall - but they weren't tears of pain anymore. No, they were finally tears of joy. A gentle smile was spread across my lips as I delicately pressed my maw against the egg, feeling its warmth and movement. It would hatch soon - but it wouldn't be alone. I wouldn't let it be alone. And, I would do my best to make the God of the Earth proud, for they both deserved it…

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Angel of Mercy - by Rasta - 12-28-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: !! Angel of Mercy - by God of the Earth - 12-29-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: !! Angel of Mercy - by Rasta - 12-29-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: !! Angel of Mercy - by God of the Earth - 12-30-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: !! Angel of Mercy - by Rasta - 12-30-2014, 05:25 PM