the Rift

with whispers in my ear -open-

Duke Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Duke

& malakin

I had been lost in my own thoughts and not paid any attentions when the sound behind me alerted me of someone's presence. My harks pinned back against my skull as I turned around to find the petite stranger who had graced me with her presence. My first thought was how small she was compared to my giant form. With a tilt of my crown I study the winged creature further while she spoke. Her introduction manages to coax a deep laugh from my maw despite my earlier depression. In response to her questions and words as well as her greeting, I bow my crown in kind and introduce myself, "I am called Duke, Rei of Dragon's Throat. It is a pleasure to meet you." Her rambling was quite adorable and I couldn't help but admire her. It has truly been too long since I've interacted with others of my kind, at least of the equine sort. My duo gaze trailed over her spotted wings in admiration before I replied with, "Rest assured, strange is far from how I would describe you," Was that flirting? I believe it was but before I could say anything further, another figure drew my attention away to find another mare making her way closer to us. Upon closer examination, I assumed she was blind by the milky shade of his eyes.

Her words and introduction had me smiling despite the fact she wasn't able to see. Again, I was overwhelmed by how open and welcoming the creatures were in this realm. As mentioned before, I have been away from the society for so long I may have forgotten how to interact with others but I could not forget the coldness I had been given, not that I didn't deserve it and so much more. The reminder of whose fault that was scratched at the surface and I had to heave a large sigh while fighting to control it. Last thing I needed was to appear hostile in my company. "Rasta, I am Duke. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Thank you for your kindness." I wasn't sure how to answer her offer, unsure of turning it down for fear of Malakin targeting the blind dame for his pleasure, or accept since the whole purpose of coming from the woods was to mingle with others once again.

My gaze moved from the two who were in close proximity, although I did notice the other harlot had stepped back and couldn't help but be amused. Hearing the voice of another, I turned my crown in the direction it had come from and studied her. Alas, someone like me. I noticed while I had two curled horns, she had one protruding from between her eyes. I studied her further, her markings unusual from the other two. "It's a pleasure, Ayleid. I am called The Duke, but of course Duke is fine. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. If you all would forgive me, I haven't socialized with other beings for quite some time. I've been a bit of a hermit for the past few years." How would I tell them, Oh, by the way, I have a split personality and his name is Malakin and he's an asshole who likes to kill others for pleasure.?

talk talk talk

@[Rasta] @[Ayleid] @[Rei]

image credits

Messages In This Thread
with whispers in my ear -open- - by Duke - 12-29-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Rei - 12-29-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Rasta - 12-29-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Ayleid - 12-29-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Duke - 12-30-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Rei - 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Rasta - 01-03-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: with whispers in my ear -open- - by Duke - 01-25-2015, 10:49 PM