Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

When he spoke her name, he was hesitant, and stuttered at the beginning. She only patiently waited, smile still present as she let him process her name into his mind. He was so timid this one, so scared of the world around them. How such a massive creature could fear so much was a thought that indeed perplexed her, but she wouldn't judge, for everyone had their inner demons. He then fell silent, seeming to go deep into his thoughts. She wouldn't interrupt him, for some needed this time, these moments, to be able to see things clearly.

After a few seconds, the stallion seemed to relax, before accepting her offer and making his way to the waters. Hazel eyes focused on him, she noticed that the glow in his eyes had begun to fade. Curiosity played at her, but she let it sit and pout as she followed him, watching as his bulk sank into the cool depths, causing minor droplets to speckle her already spotted coat. Shivering for only a brief moment she giggled, before making sure he was settled, then letting her hooves meet the edge of the pond. The amount of dirt and debris that floated away from him was mighty, and she couldn't help but suddenly be glad she had suggested a bath. With his shoulders and back to her she took this as a sign that he needed help grooming them, and with the utmost gentleness her velveteen pressed into his inky coat, newly grown teeth slowly nibbling along his spine to rid of any shedding hair.

As her mouth began to work gentle massages into his muscles, her eyes closed to simply relax in this moment. It was comforting, to trust in others and to groom. It was something her mother and her had done every day, just to catch up on the little things that did and didn't do together, and it made her heart fill with warmth that she could share such a moment with another. To pass on the memory, even if he didn't know it. Soon she was moving to his shoulders, taking water and brushing it against her maw, before using it to continue to remove any dirt. He seemed to be taking a huge step trusting her, and she would not take it for granted. She would be kind, gentle, and she would show him that someone could care. For she did, in her own way. She loved the company of others, loved making friends, and she had no qualms making friends with this gentle giant.

Her grooming paused at his question, eyes looking into his patiently, before smiling and shaking her head with an embrassed giggle. She rinsed her muzzle in the water to remove any clinging dirt, before answering him softly, a chipperness in her tone,"Not yet unortunately. These wings are hard to get used to! I had actually been practicing before we met, but I'm sadly nowhere near to soaring high up like the birds." Giggling as she remembered her little tumble with the lilac bush, she returned to her act of grooming. Between each bit of section she was scrubbing clean, she continued speaking again,"I'll get there one day, I'll let you know what it's like when I do!" With another few nips and rubbing, she deemed his back and shoulders to be as polished as she could get them to be. Looking at him she smiled, proudly admiring her hard work.

What she hadn't been paying attention to was where her hooves were leaning, and in her act of inspection her front hoof slipped over the edge, causing her to trip and fall into the pool next to him. A squeal escaped her before she went under, and as soon as she surfaced her lips gaped open with each sputter of breath. Coughing out the rest of the water that flooded her nostrils, she looked to him, utterly soaked, with wide eyes full of surprise. The time ticked away for only a few moments, before she couldn't help but start laughing. Her whole body shook with each chortle, eyes shut tight at the force as she only saw humor in her clumsy incident.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Ugh sorry it's so rambly and crappy, I just really wanted to respond x3
TAG: @[Vincent]
WC: 701
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Can Become of Me is Only Greatness - by Myrrine - 01-13-2015, 04:35 PM