the Rift

[OPEN] I can't teach you to fly [Welcoming]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

“Oh now I wouldn’t say that.” She countered Kahlua’s thought with a warm smile. She did not think it true that the filly was braver than her friend, though there was certainly a great deal of courage in the young one. Alysanne thought a great deal of the mare that stood beside her now and would not hear anything of the negative sort. Especially not while she was in bright of a mood, rejuvinated by the young ones they watched over. “If only I could let you borrow my wings for a day my dear! It is a treat, though I much prefer keeping my hooves on the ground whenever I can.” It was spoken softly, for the ears of her friend and not for the foals (a disinterest in flying hardly suited the idea of a teacher).

The young filly returned to them in time, leaving the game at least temporarily to react to the compliment that had been paid. “It’ll come in time, you must build up your strength! You’re still young and so are your wings.” Alysanne watched with a warm, patient smile as the little filly focused so desperately on making those wings move. And for all her concentration she was indeed rewarded with a slow, even movement. They would have to flutter a great deal faster in order to achieved altitude but it was certainly an achievement. “Oh good job, dear!” Alysanne’s face lit up at the little accomplishment, praising it as though Myrrine had flown a mile! The little victories counted so much. “I’ll tell you what, you’ve had a big day already today but starting tomorrow morning we can practice flying together - my wings could use a good stretch.” She confided with a wink. Flying had never been Alysanne’s area of expertise, she had forsaken the lessons with her mother and sister in favour of learning about plants on the ground. Even now she was a little shaky in flight and even shakier on the landings. “Maybe young Ilios would care to join us as well?” She questioned the colt with a smile. It would be good for someone close to Myrrine’s age to join them in the lessons and perhaps give Ilios a chance to practice as well. “And soon enough you’ll be able to fly clear over the tops of these trees!”

She remembered well the feeling of joy that came with teaching little Arty to fly, the delight in a child’s eyes when they completed that first flawless trip! If she could help Myrrine with that, to be sure Alysanne would do everything that she could.

@[Ilios] (eep sorry for the double tag!)

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
I can't teach you to fly [Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 12-30-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: I can't teach you to fly [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 02-02-2015, 01:31 PM