Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart

Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down

My hooves had yet to touch the ground of battle for some time now, but I was yet stronger… yet wiser than before. Age had given me patience and knowledge, both things I was certain this impetuous Basin creature knew naught of. I had heard his cries for blood, tilted my own ears into their pitch and smiled. I was slow to respond though for I was but a gracious guest to his ring of fiery negligence and self-destruction.

Muscles rolled evenly beneath my skin and for the first time in years, I felt alive. I hadn’t called upon the magic gifted to me by the Earth God since Tamira’s death and it did take some time to summon, but eventually it flickered to life. It filled me slowly and coursed through my bones with a thickness that made me feel whole, bursting with sensation abound. Inside there was another entity altogether, breathing and touching and caressing my soul with light, feathery kisses. Warmth raced across frozen flesh and delved inward, lifting me to new and amazing heights.

Even now, I could hear the bitter echo of the ghoul’s taunting and yet refused him reply. He thirsted for blood and battle and I did not, but I was aware of my responsibility as a Specter. My pupils were in my charge and I would see them protected, no holds no bars. If it came down to sacrificing my body for their toils, I would fall a proud martyr for their sins.

The sun’s weak rays added fire to the warmth of magic and the eagerness for combat. Though it was late in the day, shadows had yet to fall before me and I thanked the Gods for their mercy. I was not a weathered brute like Archibald the Dauntless and feared the restrictions darkness posed in a fight. I had determined that it would come down to wit and strategy when it came to sharpening my figurative blades. My heart quaked with nerves and anticipation but I was ready.

Winds sailing in from the west moved through both mane and tail, lifting the thick strands up and away from my hocks and neck. It allowed me reprieve from the heat spiraling through both body and soul. However, I relished the hot embrace of power… I’d missed it just as I missed my former glory, my former strength and optimism. I was but a mere shade of my previous color, but a vivid reminder of my eminence nonetheless.

When the tall grasses began to fade into the softness of sand and yet more fire, I allowed myself to raise head and greet my opponent. I was a master of my own body, a master of my own mind, and a master of the earthen magic pooling at my core. This ghoul was but a reckless, young stud… something I had been years prior but was no longer. He was heavy in build like I, but less bulky and at least a hand shorter. He would have a bit of speed and agility on a massive stallion such as I but as it appeared, no tact.

Warm, brown eyes gazed into those of similar hue before nodding slowly to the ghoulish Thranduil. “I would surely love to know what hell awaits me then friend,” I smiled lightly. The dual-horned beast had caused quite a ruckus while waiting for my arrival for the sand at his hooves was scattered and beaten, betraying his rash tendencies. The ghoul adorned a full set of armor as well. It fell over both back and face and upon all four legs; surely the added weight would allow me favor. However, I would have to aim my attacks low and carefully at that.

I tossed my head once at his antics before recognizing the familiar thud of my own moon amulet against the sinew of my neck. Mirage had given it to me, instilled with her magic before I’d… left. Her image was a welcome one while standing face-to-face with the beastly Basin stallion and before I let it slip, I made but one vow. I would honor her in this fight. I would make her proud of the man I’d become. I had conquered loss and failure and guilt… This was my moment of reveal, my moment of glory and of victory. I would see Cetan spared from punishment because it had been my word, my permission, that had put him in danger’s eye. “If you wish to seek revenge then see it answered. Cetan is my charge and I his instructor. Your blame falls upon wronged shoulders friend- I am your culprit. If it is a fight you want, then please… indulge me.

Let blood and defeat be your memory of my face.

OOC: Thor is stepping in for Cetan. Previous consequences apply if I fail. (Doubt I’ll be seeking out your sword or spear, but I’ll face you again without default…) You can have the first attack.
Word count: 800
Attack: 0/3
@[Thranduil]
image credits
table by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 12-31-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [x Cetan] - by Thor - 12-31-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-02-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-05-2015, 06:32 PM