Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart
Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
Her cries break through my concentration; an awakening, a breath of cool air pressed against my heated sighs. My gaze strays to find her and just beyond it fixes reluctantly on eyes of green. For a moment I am taken, stolen away from the sands in order to relive tender moments shared with her, Evangeline. My mind sings to her, “Don’t look”, but the words are too late and I, too distracted…

My strike is delivered; two large, outstretched hooves create a sickening crack! before falling away from Thranduil’s armor and to the soft turf underfoot. But the sand gives way, parts beneath me like the red of the sea, and I lumber forward with new pain emanating from my back, right ankle. I had missed tender flesh, been robbed of proper justice! But she guides me from distress and rouses conviction. That look of concern, it impales me, breaks me. I attempt to fight my way through the agony that sears through the open wound upon my hip and the strain growing more apparent in my ankle. I need to reassure her. I need to allow her peace of mind. “I’m alright.

I am only vaguely aware of the mongrel at my back, yet steered by blind rage and selfish passion. I only seek to find Evangeline. But the beast will not have it so. His cries make my blood run cold and as I shift to level him with a serious gaze, I am suddenly and surprisingly enraged. There is something cold and possessive whittling at my heart and as I watch him an ice storm brews. His eyes linger on me no longer and instead feast hungrily on Evangeline- did he know no bounds? I had come for Cetan, a clear head upon broad shoulders, but the question remains: would I leave that way?

Pay attention!” I scream. Against my wishes, the cold overwhelms me. I cannot stop the ice that makes me rigid and unfeeling. The mongrel threatens to lay waste to my life, my love, my home? But I will have his head- separated from neck. Again, I urge my muscular legs into motion and they tense in response- an attempt to keep the pain from immobilizing me. But the fight is young… I am not out of the woods yet.

The mongrel comes again toward my left side, but I am no longer of sense and instead driven by protective honor. I am tiring fast but my determination and my heart push me on. Like Spartacus in the Third Servile War, I will resist my oppressor and bring a righteous hand down upon him. Win or lose, I will make him realize my strength, my freedom, and my purpose.

I toss my head once while a singular thought races to mind. It fills me and empowers me with new fortitude and I smile at the idea. The mongrel comes closer now, but with hooves at the ready I lunge forward and toward the left. I am aware that I am leaving my left hip open again for attack, but it is a small price to pay.

Again his horns melt through mottled flesh. I cry in agony and my step falters; I am falling fast into the pit of fire created by Cetan, but I am not yet discouraged. Finally, I relent and call to the past. Another wave of grief and pain rips from my lips but there is new power trailing just behind.

Using the spare moment in order to arc back around and face him, I concentrate wholly now on the amulet about my neck and the magic within. Soon, I am filled with it, engorged with the cool and everlasting ice now trembling at my core. Another song reaches from within to grace the mongrel’s ears. I desire his eyes alone and should they swing around, I would hope they remained. Once upon a time I saw Mirage the DragonHeart use the very same tactic and I pray for similar results. I begin to hum a high pitched tune, one that will draw Thranduil in and make him pause to wonder. Should the magic work, it would cause him confusion and pain throughout his skull. But I have another plan in mind.

Hoping that the magic will work, I drop the cloak and move forward with my head down low and teeth ready. I seek to sink them just above an armored left, front knee with enough force to cause strain in his gait.

Word Count: 800
Attack: 2/4
Injuries: Severe wounds on the left hip and sore ankle. Starting to get tired.
Summary: Thor’s back, right ankle was injured in landing the buck. After coming back to the center of the arena and Thranduil coming toward his left side (from what I could tell), Thor moved forward and to the left giving Thranduil a shot at his already wounded hip. He kept moving forward in order to move back around to face him while using the amulet’s magic to confuse Thranduil and make his head hurt. He hopes to use the confusion to advantage and comes back toward Thranduil in order to bite at his left, front knee.
image creditstable by whit
@[Thranduil]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 12-31-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [x Cetan] - by Thor - 12-31-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-02-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-05-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-05-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thranduil - 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge] - by Thor - 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM