the Rift

On the cusp

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

I was tired after my meet at the shore with Apollo and his lil kitten Zola. I didn't know what to make of my tiredness, so I headed back to the threshold where I decided I would try and meet someone new. Again. I didn't exactly know what I was doing, because I was just doing it. I didn't need to tell myself to do it, because it was just happening and I was thankful for that.

So, now I had wandered through vase stretches of forest lands, and when she finally reached the Threshold, she could feel it. A difference beneath her feet. Not the same ol' lands feeling, just a new feeling. Like when I reached the Throat. Well, maybe that was just the sand -but anyway- I still continue forth my adventure, deciding to possibly try to recruit someone to my herd, just as Buce and Jahzara had. Though, I didn't go with them. Leading a life of lonely wondering until I met Rhoa, who brought me to the Throat, claiming he was a prince. And I believed him. I still do! He is a great friend of mine.

All the while I think of these things, retracing the path from which I took from the threshold in my own mind, I look up, trying to see if there was anyone ahead that I had not noticed. Walking on for probably only a few more minutes, I came to a halt, right where I stood.

There was a girl standing there, a bit taller than me and prettier, but she was crying. Well, it seemed as though, it might just be the sun on her cheeks just right...nope. She was definitely crying. Spice found herself wanting to ask all kinds of different questions, like "who are you?" And "why are you here?" But I never asked others that I've met questions like that. Maybe it was just the fact that she came across as sad and lonely, and I was scared to try and help her because I didn't know if I would fail.

Some nights, I would (stay up, cashing in my bad luck!) be upset, and my mother would be by my side to comfort me. I can't really remember why I had been upset, I just know that I was.
And then it dawns on me.
I don't remember why I was upset, because I am free now. Unlike back then when I cried at night after the stories my mother would tell me because I wanted it so badly. I wanted to get out. And all she said was "not yet." What in the whole big wide world was that supposed to mean? Was it some code for "your never going to get out, so just shut the heck up"? I didn't know.

Looking back up at her, I smile. It was a comforting smile. Not the one you would use if you where faking it. "Hello" it was kind of a whisper, so that I wouldn't frighten her. Although, I already saw her and she already saw me...I guess it wouldn't matter, but I keep using it anyway. "I'm Spice, and..." she was going to announce of the Dragons Throat, but that would come later. "I can help you..." I inch forward, my little vial of purple blood that hung from my neck swung back and forth as I reached out a helping muzzle. "It's okay..."

"Spice Blabbing"

Word Count:573 Tags:@[Cirrus]
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Messages In This Thread
On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-01-2015, 05:31 AM
RE: On the cusp - by Spice - 01-01-2015, 06:10 AM
RE: On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: On the cusp - by Ampere - 01-10-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: On the cusp - by Cirrus - 01-14-2015, 08:07 PM