the Rift

Glorious We Transcend

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

The man spoke and the huntress only listened. At the mention of not obtaining her name she made no further comment. There was no reason to throw her name around frivolously. If he chose the north, then she surely would give him her name. Otherwise, she was content to be nothing more than a nameless filly. When she mentioned her home she caught the other mare’s sigh. Arya swiveled one ear against her skull and she looked at the mare. “You do not know me and you already assume things about me.” She bristled. The huntress surely could be reading into the sigh more than needed, but, her father had always told her of the animosity others had toward the Basin. Some of it was justified from the stories he told her, but this was unnecessary. “You prove yourself no better than those you judge. If I were of the Throat I know you wouldn’t think of me in such a way. If you think us all racist and cruel, then you haven’t walked amongst us or met many of us. One of our own leaders shares the blood of your species. There is even one amongst who has wings and a horn, and she is a valued member. Horn, winged, or bare it doesn’t matter to me or many others in the Basin. Know me before you judge me.” Her tone was oddly calm, but, it felt good to lash out at someone. There was too much out of her control. No matter her age she wouldn’t let some prejudiced mare judge her family. She flickered toward the stallion. Surely, her outburst might sway him away from joining the Basin, but she had no apologies written in her face. Only passion burned in her eyes and she wouldn’t apologize to a man, for that was weakness.

Arya would hold her head high and take the higher road. While the other mare spoke she remained quiet and still. Not rude or disruptive like she had been.

@[Narcissus] @[Essetia]
"talk talk talk"

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 01-01-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Arya - 01-02-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 02-11-2015, 11:13 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Essetia - 02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Arya - 02-13-2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Narcissus - 02-15-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Glorious We Transcend - by Essetia - 02-16-2015, 09:36 PM