A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
“Oh I just meant for my scatterbrained introductions, Hemlock always likes to be included the first time around.” An apology was always easy to come to Alysanne’s lips, something she had never thought to work on. She like this Arrakk though, and she just knew he’d fit in so well at the Edge. Already she could think of some easy friends that he could make, and certainly it would be a pleasant place to stay. Why, she could stand here all day in his pleasant, peaceful company.

He asked her if she lived here and she nodded enthusiastically. “Oh yes, I do! I wandered here a couple years ago, got lost myself, but I fell in love with this place and found a new home here.” Always that underlying guilt. This was her home, she knew that, but her heart lingered elsewhere in pieces - her son, her beautiful son, was not here. Yet she couldn’t bring herself to stay with him. But those were thoughts she could entertain when she was alone, for now she was searching for what she could tell him about Helovia. There was just so much, but she didn’t want to be too overwhelming. Hemlock stayed quiet for now, content to stay watching this strange newcomer. “There’s a couple different herds - I live in World’s Edge, it’s a beautiful sea-side forest and we’re a rather peaceful bunch there. There’s also the Dragon’s Throat and Hidden Falls, though I don’t know very much about them… but I hear they’re very nice places.” Well that probably wasn’t very helpful when it came to the other herds. She really should learn more about them! “And then there’s the Basin, which is a herd in the north just for unicorns.” She didn’t really understand why they only let unicorns live in the Basin but she still thought the image that it set up was rather pretty. It was a beautiful land but it was a little too chilly for her tastes. “You’d be so welcome to come back to the Edge with me and rest up a bit, maybe we could see if anyone has heard of your herd!”

There was only one thing. “It’s a bit of a walk though…” She eyed his leg, expression filled with concern before it dawned on her. That magic she had never had a chance to use yet, that wonderful perk that came with her job in the herd. The one she was scared to try, scared to fail. Now that concerned expression flickered right into a bright, shining smile. Oh it felt so good to be able to help! She understood why Resplendence felt so lost when the ability had been taken away from her.

The tiniest flicker of guilt in the back of her mind, reminding her of her quest. But she couldn’t refuse, she just couldn’t. She was a healer. “But I can help with that. It might sound a little strange, but if you’re willing I have some healing magic and I can help your leg.” Did he know about magic where he had come from? She’d certainly find out, hopefully the offer wouldn’t freak him out too much! That’d be a rather poor first impression of this wonderful place. “It’ll certainly make walking easier!” Alysanne added, though it probably did not really need to be said.

@[Arrakk]

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-02-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 01-02-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-04-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 01-07-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 02-01-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Arrakk - 02-04-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Just another day in paradise - by Alysanne - 02-06-2015, 09:33 PM