the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ow doesn't begin to cover it
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

A thousand details ran through her head as she took the slow and lonely walk north. Gusts of icy wind swirled around her body, numbing the burning pains along her side and the gash on her body. Teeth marks still ached on her spine when she walked, the normal, dancing cadence to her gait all but gone. She moved on auto-pilot, not paying attention to where her hooves landed until she ascended the narrow path and walked between the two, metal heralds at their gates.

Ophelia took a deep breath of frost, looking down at the blood dripping on the rocks beneath her hooves. One half of her body was covered in dirt and sand, crimson orb a little bruised. If she looked half as bad as she felt, she would have looked worse. Sleep and heartache called her swiftly down, and she stumbled under the veil of nightfall on the moonless night. Only stars guided her way as she traveled to the steaming hot springs. The little shards of rock that had stuck in her hair and never left glittered in the night. She was a damaged, sparkling star in the black.

The pale princess, not wanting to crawl into the hot waters, groaned as she let her body down near the edge. She stretched two of her front legs out, letting them dangle over the surface as she stared at her reflection.

Freak.

Liars filled this wold, telling her that she was beautiful, worthy. No. She as Forsaken. Not even the gods had enough patience to handle her imperfections. Damaged. Two different colored eyes stared back at her, so strange and bizarre. Tangles marred the hair that hung over her face and draped over the white, spiraled horn. Pain from her injuries throbbed, especially the burns, and she took in a hitching, emotional breath. Unable to take the sight of herself anymore, she closed her eyes and turned away.

Ophelia laid her head to rest on the top of her foreleg, blinking hard. Her heart ached. She ached. She wanted to disappear beneath the surface of this water where the dark would carry her home.

@[Torleik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-28-2015, 05:02 PM