the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ow doesn't begin to cover it
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia felt the rumbling thunder of hooves in her belly which rested on the ground. The approaching thuds rattled in her chest and across her bones like a storm, and she was waiting to drown. Two, delicate eyes opened as she noise came crashing to a halt so near, and she felt as if she were in a fog, looking up across the surface of the hotspring in which her forelegs dangled and meeting his worried, blue eyes in confusion. Pain from her injuries was clouding her mind as his voice became clearer.

She took a deep breath, aching against the strain of her ribs. Speak to me he said. Her ears tilted forward, and she blinked, listening to his rage and trying to check back in to reality with weights trying to drag her back down. Fighting for the surface again, she simply breathed, focusing on the deep tones of his voice, on his worry, on his emotion. His breath was a ship, compassion was her rope, and she clung to them for her very life as he brought her back to shore.

Lena? No... Ophelia shook her head lightly, still unwilling to rise. Her body remained crumpled by the spring, but she lifted her neck to gaze up at the strong, demon stallion in front of her, watching the way his face lined with worry, wrinkling around the corners of his eyes. The wind caught every strand of his beard, moonlight dancing on the silver hairs and flirting with them in a seductive way. He was everything she was not and everything she needed.

"No," she said quietly. "Do not get Lena. Just... just stay..." she whispered. Ophelia was hurt enough to be selfish now, to forget all the times she had crushed others beneath the weight of her words and stare and just take. That was what he said before, right? Sometimes, you have to take. She prayed that he meant what he said. "They... they are surface wounds..." she explained, not wanting to look at the burn mark on her side.

White breath whispered past her lips as she exhaled, like smoke. "I was... I was on the island," she explained. "I was trying to spar and organize what was going on there..." she trailed. "Also, the murders that have been happening seemed centered around that damn rock in the sky." Ophelia blinked, frowning and turning away. Telling him her shame would be so difficult. Rocks started to form in her stomach, and her tongue went dry.

"I stood, waiting to spar to pass the time. My skills in battle are... few." She grimaced. "Mauja showed up after having disappeared for so long, and he... he had the nerve to ask me to dance. I attacked him." Ophelia had to avert her gaze, unable to bear the weight of his gaze and judgment as she admitted her defeat. "I lost. I wanted so badly to win, to defeat him, to defeat my fears..." she trailed off, voice wavering ever so slightly with emotion.

"My magic does not work against him, and there was only so much Tinek could do. I failed."

@[Torleik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-28-2015, 05:02 PM