the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ow doesn't begin to cover it
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia stiffened visibly as the knife of his words cut deeply in her bared heart, and like the wounded creature she was, she lashed out. Emptiness crashed down around the soul of her eyes, ears flattening against her skull before she had a second moment to think about her reaction. No, this was emotional instinct, pain and desire to hurt before she could be hurt again. “I was trespassing and he was powerful! I was young and wanted strength, no matter what the form.” Her words were hissed, filled with the sting of her own pain, confronted with the realities of her own decisions. The pale princess sucked in a shaky breath, wavering on the edge of her reaction, ready to crash and drown. “Is that so abhorrent? Am I too sick for you?” The questions were a demand, wanting to know if she should seal herself off now and let the cool of winter bury her soul in snow once more. Pain swirled in numbed eyes, the two different colors holding such dead light.

She breathed, staring into his arcane blue eyes unwavering. Her expression was a demand, expecting to hear him tell her that this was too much, that he was better than this – than her. Each inhale was the only marking of time, skin oozing as it stretched over her expanding ribs. The pain was nothing compared to her fears, wincing at his words. Was feeling for her desperate and foolish?

Surprise bloomed through her body with uncertain warmth, and she felt his warm breath in her ear, whiskers tickling at the sensitive hairs. She twitched it, feeling his velvety nose as he whispered words that did not make any sense. Confusion embraced her, nearly as confusing as a smile from her father, and she furrowed her brows. None of it matters? In the past? How could it be in the past when the memories flooded like they were yesterday? How could he simply understand and let it go? How could he make such promises in light of what she said? None of it made sense and no amount of unraveling could answer the mystery. Nothing he said made sense because it was not selfish. All the patterns she had learned revolved around survival and taking what you wanted without thought or question. Her very view of morality was based on this – taking what you could if you were able and the strongest would emerge victorious. Yet here he was, making promises that would weaken his heart and giving her care against better judgment.

Only when she let go if this mystery did she truly feel wanted. Love did not have to understand. Care did not have to have an answer. Words could not explain what it meant to be forgiven. But she felt it nonetheless.

Ophelia sat quietly, feeling him nudge her neck as she stared at the surface of the water with furrowed brows. A small smile worked over her lips, and she leaned to the side, resting her shoulder against his and taking a deep, peaceful breath. His plea to get Lena was met with a snort, and she ignored the pain. “No,” she murmured softly. “I haven’t felt this way in years.” The pockets of her heart were full, the ice untouched but enveloped. He did not pick away at it, hungry for the tender, bruised inside. Instead, he had leaned against the walls of her fortress, waiting to be let in. Thoughts, his thoughts, filled her mind as if projected, and she felt a sharp pain in her chest. Would she ever be able to let him in completely? She looked up at him, gazing at his bearded face in awe.

“I will test your patience,” she said honestly. “I cannot promise that your decision to care for me will be easy, but…” Ophelia trailed off, letting the tension in her face fade and smooth the flawless white planes. “I… will try… I want to try.” Those were not the most romantic of words, but they held more meaning than she had ever given. Languidly, she came to rest against his side again, tucking her forelegs beneath her body and drifting in and out of consciousness against the steady beat of his big heart.

@[Torleik]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 01-12-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-05-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-18-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Torleik - 02-19-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Ow doesn't begin to cover it - by Ophelia - 02-28-2015, 05:02 PM