the Rift

[PRIVATE] a distant echo

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu

Ktulu's eye visibly twitched at the mention of Mauja. She had only met the stallion once and once was more than enough for her to make up her mind that she hated everything about him. She hated the smug, haughty way he had carried himself, the sound of his voice, the blue of his eyes, the raspy sound of his breathing as she had tried so desperately to suffocate him. She had not gone out of her way to speak with the spotted stallion since that one run-in, but neither had he. Her ears tilted forward as Ophelia revealed that she attacked the fallen king first. "How did you do?" Was it terrible that she hoped that Ophelia left Mauja with permanent scars?

It was obvious that Ophelia was ready for a change of subject and so when it came Ktulu did not ask anymore questions of her sister's battle with Mauja. "He was with you when we found mom." Ktulu remembered the black stallion. He had helped her ready the pyre for their mother's burial. "I like him. He's honorable." And far more worthy of Ophelia's attention than Mauja would ever be, but Ktulu was very biased on that matter.

Her eyes widened a fraction as Ophelia dropped the bombshell that she was the Lady of the Basin. "Really?" She asked, not bothering to hide her surprise. It seemed Ophelia was doing well for herself and it made Ktulu feel both proud of her sister and ashamed of herself because she was not doing nearly so well.

"The Edge is quiet." Ktulu replied to Ophelia's question. "I battled with Archibald, Fiore, and Note for a position as Captain. At the conclusion of the battle Archibald and I were named as Captain. I only served a season or so before I stepped down to Sergeant. Cheveyo was promoted to my old spot, but she's disappeared." Thinking about it made frustration blood anew in Ktulu's chest. She wanted her title back now more than anything. "During the battle I found that I can turn into a bear. It caught me by surprise and if it weren't for Archibald I probably would have killed Note." Ktulu paused to think if she was leaving anything out and remembered her recent quest with Lakota.

The dark mare closed her eyes and sighed. "Lakota wishes for us to have children. I agreed to make her happy and the Earth God told us we must complete three quests. We've only done two so far." Ktulu opened her eyes again and frowned. "He turned me into a bird and Lakota into fish the first time and the second time he turned me into a fawn and her into a tiger." Her tail flicked and she snorted. Oh, how she wanted to kick him in his godly ass.

It was her turn for a subject change.

"You like it in the Basin?" Ktulu asked.

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image Credit

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 02:39 AM