Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia watched Ktulu's demeanor change when she mentioned Mauja and felt a tinge of amusement. Ever since their encounter in the World's Edge when the Frostheart did not call Deimos from his attack, she had disliked him, but the depth of her dislike was surprising. As she peered into her sister's mind, she was startled at the sheer amount of disdain. She found Mauja to be haughty and smug, two descriptors she would not have applied to the stallion herself. But, she trusted her sister's judgment implicitly, understanding the reasons for her vehement dislike.

"I lost," she answered with a frown, inhaling a shaking, rattling breath. The pale princess did not want to linger on her shame.

The mention of Torleik changed Kutlu's mood considerably, fond memories chasing her words. Ophelia smiled and nodded, and then she read that Ktulu thought Torleik was more worthy of her attention. Was that true? How could that be so, when she was broken? Her sister had always seen the best, but Ophelia had to be realistic. Still... this was worth considering, right?

Ophelia chuckled and nodded, not offended by her sister's surprise. "I was startled too. The God of Time appointed me very swiftly after I followed Torleik home," she said honestly. "Deimos did not seem pleased, but he has been surprisingly accepting. I think he just wants to protect his herd. That and lack of social skills make him imposing," she snorted in dry humor. Granted, she had little room to be talking about social skills.

She asked about the Edge, proud of her sister's accomplishments but mood soured by Cheveyo's disappearance. Ophelia grunted. "Take it back," she urged. "Certainly one who believes a position so trivial does not deserve it - and you do." Still, the news that she could turn into a bear was not surprising but very well deserved. Ophelia smiled and chuckled. "I can imagine you easily as a bear, Ktulu," she responded affectionately, able to be open with her sister.

A surge of jealousy tainted her soul at the mention of Lakota, but this was swiftly remedied when this relationship was not one of friendship but of love. Ophelia did not judge. She believed in love transcendent of gender and admired the pair for desiring children. Turning them into animals seemed an interested quest for children, but she rarely understood the gods. "I wish you all the best, Ktulu," she rumbled. "Please let me know when you or Lakota are close. I desire to see your children."

"Ah, I enjoy the Basin," she said. "Never a dull moment." The pale princess chuckled. "Torleik has a cousin there. Ulrik. He is absolutely strange. The others are interesting and for the most part rather normal. I appreciate the fact that everyone works as an individual. It's simple, pleasant," she explained. "And... Torleik is there..."

Ophelia took a deep breath. "I... He..." she stammered, feeling embarrassment and confusion halt on her words. "He is so kind. So... gentle and yet often rather belligerent. I do not think... Ktulu, I am not good enough. His feelings are so ill founded. How could I ever return them?"

@[Ktulu]

Credits: Image by Araxel @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-03-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ktulu - 01-03-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: a distant echo - by Ophelia - 01-14-2015, 02:39 AM