the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The young belle wandered, as she had seemingly for most of her short life now - though she had only recently recovered from illness and malnutrition, the call of the wilds kept summoning her, though she never ventured so far away that she was more than a half-days flight from the Dragon's Throat. The dragon-belle had spent the time needed to get better, she had rested and drank her fill of the Oasis, eaten her own weight in fodder and even feasted upon a desert hare here and there - it was not something she advertised or shared with many, but the girl was half dragon, after all. So when she landed in the Meadow, it was not with the graceless, awkward falling a golden leaf might do when it parts from its autumn tree, but rather she was delicate and soft, well practised and smooth, her slender form touching the ground with barely a wump of air passing through the grasses. It was enough, of course, to stir up the local rodents and critters - Amaris watched them scurry with a small, wry smile. Not today, she murmured to herself and her companions, little blue and green balls of dragon-shaped lights dancing about her. She feasted upon the flesh of others only very rarely - recovering from the illness she had was a special circumstance, one she hoped she would never have to experience again.

It had left its mark on her still - though she held draft blood, she appeared far more slender then before, malnutrition having caused her body to feast upon its own muscle to fuel her survival. The youthful girl was still but a growing child too, but now the incompleteness of her growth simply seemed all the more obvious. Still, she felt more alive than she had in weeks, months, and so she was going to use this day to explore. Golden eyes and scales gleamed with a life that had been dulled out so recently, with a laugh to her draconic friends she bounded forthwith, swishing her scythed tail so that every now and then it would take the tops off some of the taller grasses. Her crème pelt gleamed beneath the Sun's vibrant rays, fully shed of its wintry down, she cupped the air and took healthy bounds across the Meadow, relishing the life bestowed upon her once more.

A mental spark alerted her to another's presence, though the girl did not stop her movements, rather, she allowed her little blue friend to inform her of the unicorn stallion's existence, though he couldn't quite describe just what the steed looked like. Stars falling, he kept saying to her, prodding her mind until the belle finally turned dramatically to view what it was that had captured the dragon spirit's attention so. A smile adorned her façade, kind and soft though it was, her sides puffed with the effort of her exulting exercise, and she appreciated this "star-fallen" steed for herself. He indeed appeared as if stars had spilled over from their midnight canvas and trickled across his belly and legs, his own crown seemed to have rivers of cosmos running down its length. Still several strides away from him, Amaris let loose a gentle song, one that could not be defined entirely equine nor draconic, but defiantly unique and wholly Amaris in tone. She wondered whether she would receive a response, but knew not to hold such reactions against others - she could do nothing about them, but keep on living, anyway.

And another appeared, on the fringe of the land, her attention devoted to another task. But what attracted Amaris' - or more accurately, Amaris' companions' - attention was the presence of a dragon. Swiftly the spirits called out to what they considered kin, indeed, one of them was a glowing red lantern of life. A laugh escaped the muzzle of the girl, as the scent of the salty pineforest that was her birthlands emanated from the direction of the other belle, Amaris sent out another call, this one a bit softer and gentler in tone. Did she know this equine soul? Was she a survivor from the same attack that had taken her mother and uncles into darkness? Or was she a newcomer, who knew not that the daughter of the DragonHeart walked mere yards away from her?

Time would reveal all, she suspected quietly.

@[Atlas] @[Resplendence]
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-16-2015, 11:01 PM