the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The girl, despite all affronts, did hesitate in her step to assess whether her presence would be unwanted. She could hope and pray that sometime, somewhere, she would come to simply be accepted, not to be gawked at or screamed at, or attacked or threatened, simply because of her looks. Dragons were creatures of legend to so many, and yet the smaller companionable drakes that bonded with those of equine blood seemed to be so easily accepted - it was when the realisation that those smaller designs had evolved from something much larger, much more ancient and powerful - something much like the blood that had altered this girl from being a simple amber champagne equine maiden to a draconic hybrid known to exist in only three instances (her father and sister being the other two) - that reactions started to become unpredictable. Of course, those who knew her - those she could call family - had learned how to see her for the gleaming golden heart that pounded within her chest, not for the golden scales that decorated her iridescent pelt.

A smile curved her caramel lips nonetheless, and instinctively her wings folded down to her slightly sweaty sides, her tiara became level with the height of her withers as she attempted to appear as little as a predator as possible. The presence of a bonded dragon helped, for he played with her spirit friends, who filled her with their colourful thoughts and waves of excitement, and she could not help but hold a curiosity for the equine mare sharing the bond to the red one. Ears pricked forward as the others began to move, to turn and view her wholly, and Amaris watched them carefully, closely, waiting for the moment where she might need to spring into flight, to make a hasty retreat, or to try and reassure them that she wasn't some monster come to eat them, but instead just another equine like them. I'll never be like them, the dark thought darted through her cranium, surprising even her with his venom. Nor should you ever be, came the response from the red spirit that accompanied her today, who left the more rambunctious blue to play with the bonded dragon to return and land upon Amaris' withers. A low song came from the spirit, whom Amaris called Nymerith, as she continued speaking. You are still a child, growing into your scales. She punctuated within Amaris' own crown, a firm tone behind the words.

Amaris turned her tiara to view the dragon-spirit for a moment, before snorting with a devious smirk upon her maw and returning her attention to the others. Let the dragons think what she will, they did not have to grow up being different from everyone outside their small family.

Sensitive ears captured the low whisper of the star-spangled stallion, and Amaris found herself breathing a sigh of relief. Awe was not the worst reaction one could have - and she had certainly seen them all. "Hi," she replied warmly, her voice warm and deep, her tones welcoming and hopeful. Golden gaze flicked swiftly then to the pale mare, who had but a single ear but a look of hope upon her façade that rivalled the feelings stirring within Amaris' own breast. The dragon-child nodded slowly, deciding to approach this Edge resident steadily and calmly, so that she didn't miss a word that was spoken. "The Edge was where the DragonHeart birthed my sister and I," she spoke softly but clearly, feeling almost foolish for stating her mother's title, as if she were a child trying to ride on the aftershocks of her parents' achievements - truly she despised the idea, for who could grow to live to be as great as her mother anyway? "When she did not return from her exploration into the shadowlands, I fled Helovia with my father. I returned not long ago, and found my cousin at the Throat," - leading the Throat, she amended silently - "and have joined them to be by her side." A pause in her speech, her melodic tones graced the airwaves once more to add something she did not usually give so easily, but which she proffered this time with a gentle smile upon her whiskered muzzle.

"I'm Amaris."
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@[Atlas]
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-16-2015, 11:01 PM