the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She was grateful, really, that the mare before her had done as much as she had to appear less frightening. Because, honestly, regardless of the fact that she appeared similar to that other dragon-horse in the Edge when Mirage had been there she still had to do everything in her power to steel herself and stay. Wings, feathered wings bothered her, so scales like a dragon definitely continued to unnerve her. Valiance continued to flit around in the sky, weaving in and out and around the spirit dragons that the mare had.

It was the other stag who arrived first, having gathered a hi from the mare. Though, she wasn't quite sure what to think of him. He seemed… pleasant enough - dealing with Valiance's show of 'dominance' when it came to her protection. Resplendence shuffled her limbs, moving in just a little closer to the pair of creatures before her. And, as she spoke, asking of the Edge, it was the dragon mare who also moved in closer. The dragon-mare's response that came was shocking. The title that had belonged to Mirage was so easily thrown into the air as if it were nothing. But, the soft voice that seemed to caress Resplendence as she stood there was definitely something she would have expected to have came from the motherly figure of Mirage the DragonHeart. The shock began to fade, a gentle smile curving at the corners of Resplendence's lips as her audit perked up - glad to know that some legacy of the World's Edge was still alive and well. "Mirage… she was like a mother to me. I'm so glad you are well, even if no one has found your mother yet…"

A little bit of sadness graces her tone as she trails off, eyes flickering to the ground in uncertainty. But the peacefulness of this dragon mare's tone was slowly filling her with strength she didn't even think that she had. The dragon-child gave her name, Amaris - a beautiful name for a child Resplendence didn’t doubt had a brilliant future. And then, that stag was speaking again. Polite, but layered on… almost thickly? She couldn't quite tell but the way that he addressed Resplendence as Rose was slightly unnerving. Instantly, she vigorously shook her head no. No, that wasn't her name. It wasn't her name and Valiance was not pleased that this Atlas was giving himself the right to offer her a nickname. Only those close to his bonded were allowed to call her anything different than Res or Resplendence. She was not to be giving adoring nicknames and claimed by every peace of flesh that dared to walk by.

It only took a second for the dragon to stop playing with the spirits, eyes narrowed before he shot down, barreling toward this Atas. "Valiance, no!" Res demanded, feeling his anger before even realizing where he was - and at the last second he shot his wings out and veered to the side, sending a breath of fire toward Atlas's haunches, though he wasn't exactly close enough to guess whether or not it had hit. "He not claim. He not Quilyan. He not Kaj." Valiance huffs, landing upon her poll as if to protect her.

Wide eyed, panicking a little because of the burst of flames, Res began to stumble over her words. "Oh God. Oh God. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Tears. Minor tears of nervousness began to erupt. Only a few, but they still crawled down her cheeks at the moment. "He doesn't like others giving me nicknames. I'm sorry! He's overprotective…" But he had reason to be, after all Res was not one very capable of fighting. "I'm Resplendence, and this is Valiance. It really is a pleasure to meet you both, and I'm glad you're back Amaris, that you survived the darkness. Gods, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry…" she said, stumbling back a few steps in uncertainty. They probably hated her now.

"Valiance, why do you do this?"

Valiance can either have scorched some fur or missed completely - up to you. But he definitely wasn't close enough to do much more then singe hair XD

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM