the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

Just call me Lucifer

Rose was such a nervous girl and even if I couldn’t understand why, the least I could do was offer her... moral support? Was there truly even such a thing? How was I supposed to comfort her anyhow? She looked like she’d seen the devil himself and though I was often referred to as such, I hadn’t given her any reason to think of me that way. It took her some time to come closer and when she finally did, I was able to ponder the single ear she had (or maybe it was the ear that she didn’t have that caught my eye). Either way, I was mildly curious. Had she been born that way or had it be… removed? I couldn’t imagine a girl like Rose causing a fuss of any sort but then again… she was, in laymen terms, a hot mess.

But the half-breed appeared to know something valuable, something that made Rose smile. Well hell, if talking about the “DragonHeart” made her smile then I’d talk about said dragon’s heart all day long. Yet there was more to the name than previously revealed… The “DragonHeart” or heart of dragon or dragon or heart (what did it all mean?) was actually someone and not necessarily a thing. Rose talked about her like she’d been someone near and dear, but I could only look on, wide-eyed and innocent- I was but a simple man after all.

And then Rose was frowning…

What in the hell was actually going on right now? I certainly didn’t know. I’d tried to make introduction for myself and Rose the TimidHeart but no one looked too happy about it. Rose certainly didn’t because she started shaking her head like she had a bee behind that one ear and I couldn’t help but smile at the idea. She really was a weird little mare. At least the half-breed was kind enough to acknowledge me with thanks (or maybe it was just confusion) and I nodded to her in return, bewildered.

But things quickly went downhill from there (as things involving mares often did).

I should have kept myself… I really should have.

Before I could even look to Amaris to try and decipher Rose’s reaction, I was caught by a red flutter, a flash of crimson barreling through the sky straight for… me? Honestly, I had no idea what was coming nor could I prepare myself for it. I’d never encountered “companions” as it were and knew naught of their protective hearts. I guess it was about time I’d paid the Piper…

Somebody fuckin’ had to.

Heat touched my right hip and I lunged forward, nearly plowing into Amaris in my surprise. Rose’s cries sounded dream-like, a mere whisper upon the breeze compared to the screaming inside my own head. When the little devil had retreated, leaving me to my own devices, I turned dual colored eyes backward to survey the damage. Anger mounted hot and heavy in my throat and I did try to keep dirty words to a minimum but that little shit had singed precious hair, scarred the glittering stars themselves! “Fuck!” I retorted. “Little bugger you got there Rose,” I gritted through my teeth.

I had to maintain manliness somehow.

I glanced once to Amaris, as she had attempted to soothe the panicky Rose, but it did not soothe the inflamed skin hidden beneath my charred coat. Why did I have to suffer? What had I done to infuriate the little demon? I’d spoken all of seven words and become a victim amongst suspects… Maybe gender had something to do with that. If I’d trounced in here a mare, said the same thing and bat my lashes, I guarantee you I would’ve been spared. What a joke.

But what was this? What in God’s name was Amaris prattling on about? Bonded…? What insane trickery did she speak of? If someone didn’t explain what in the devil’s tongue was going on, I was going to have a heart attack right there at their hooves. However, the half-breed had kept her wits about her and had begun to usher me toward a presumed nearby stream (to “cool me off”). At first I was fine with her dominance but as I turned in order to accommodate her and Rose, I paused. A sudden flare fire from within and I’d just… had enough. Like some shitty stream water was going to heal burned flesh!

Everyone around me seemed to know what went on here in these lands, but I did not. I followed so blindly every command given, every suggestion uttered… but I’d simply had enough. I was tired of being some onlooker in my own fucking life.

Now wait just a goddam minute. Everyone acts like dragons and dragon horses are completely normal here, but I am NOT accustomed. I run into you two and in a matter of minutes I am reduced to bystander, flame target, and NOW a child yet unable to tend my own wounds. I appreciate your kindness but PLEASE… can SOMEONE explain what is going on here?” I huffed. “I mean really… who is the DragonHeart? What does it mean to bonded? WHY the fuck did that little devil attempt to skin me? And more pressingly, why do you two think I’m some invalid incapable of logic?” I questioned while looking back and forth between Resplendence and Amaris. Someone needed to supply some answers before I had a shit fit right in the middle of their heart-filled reunion.

image credits

@[Amaris] @[Resplendence]

Just for fun I decided to list what music I usually write Atlas to (because he isso often written to some happy-go-lucky songs: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM