the Rift

[OPEN] Hope You Guess My Name

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The red responded as Amaris thought appropriate; he recognised her as a fellow draconian friend, but respected her as the queen she had momentarily become. The dragon-girl crooned softly to him, a low sound that emanated somewhere between her throat and chest, a purr that was almost feline with an equine and draconic twist. As he crawled up her side, she laughed a small, quiet chuff to encourage him, forgiveness written all over her posture as she welcome his embrace, arching her nape and tilting her crown to cuff him gently and playfully with her muzzle. Yes, she knew that he had inherently meant well, but that did not mean that his actions were inherently good; she hoped he would embrace her words and simmer his own temper down so that his bonded could learn to stand up for herself.

It was then that her attention was diverted to the stallion, who was having a much more typical reaction to all the strange, draconian things he was being exposed to than the simple awe and admiration he held before. Though Amaris could understand the reason behind his ire (at least with regards to pain, for the girl had hardly ever been burned despite having a lot to do with fire), the girl's confidence shook against such a painful reminder of what it was like to be named different, strange, abnormal. Her scaled ears flicked back as the words came tumbling from the stallion's mouth, and it took her a few seconds to process exactly what had been said (he was not insulting her, merely reacting with the panic of a newcomer being thrust into the midst of a very peculiar situation).

"Sorry," her honeyed tones added on after Res' stuttered speech, as the girl turned back to face Atlas (a quick glance was thrown over her shoulder to watch the pale mare become enraptured with her work of gathering herbs, a skill Amaris suddenly wished to learn).

"I thought you already knew of such things, because you reacted so.. calmly, both to me and Valiance." She elaborated quietly and calmly, a steady and strong voice to combat his rushed and worried one. "Please, let me explain while we go to the stream, the running water will help to soothe your scorched skin." Tilting her sculpted tiara towards the direction she intended to travel with him, the girl then continued on with her explanation for him.

"Dragons, like Valiance, have the unique ability to bond to an equine soul - only an equine one. Through that bond, thoughts, emotions, everything is shared between the two." She paused with a small sigh, as she gathered her wits about her to explain her own heritage. "My mother was known as the DragonHeart, for her ability to shapeshift into a dragon.. a dragon who stood at my height, not Valiance's. My father is like me, and they loved one another enough to create my sister and I." Another glance to Resplendence's bonded, as well as the two soul-lights who still flitted above their heads, and the girl then moved onto another question the stallion had. "Valiance thought you were a threat, and I have a feeling it is not the first time it has happened. He didn't mean harm, truly, but he obviously feels like he needs to protect her from everything, using the most efficient weapon that he has - fire. I am sorry you were the brunt of a draconic display of might, but I promise that most of my kind are generally playful and devious - in fact I'm sure Valiance usually is too."

The girl stops her speech abruptly there, having explained all she thought needed explaining, wondering if her words were enough. "I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding."
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

@[Atlas]
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-03-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-05-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-07-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Amaris - 01-08-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Atlas - 01-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Hope You Guess My Name - by Resplendence - 01-16-2015, 11:01 PM