the Rift

Let the wild rumpus start

Nimue Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Nimue
Everything seems so magnified when it’s dark: the trees creaking in the night breeze, the owls hooting to and fro, the animals twitching about in their sleep. I decide I like this forest place.

A rustling noise picks up from somewhere particularly close by. I guess I should see what it is, so I lower my gaze casually in the direction of the sound and flick my ears forward. A smaller animal sharpens into focus – pointy features and long fur, inching along the ground. I can smell the blood on its breath that labels it a carnivore, but it’s small and fuzzy, so it scarcely registers as a threat. It seems cute. If I stand really still, maybe it will come closer to me and I can get a better look. Maybe it will want to play. I’d love to play with someone. Okay, so I’ll keep my gaze away and hold my breath and maybe…

Inari!

My breath rushes out of me in a huff of disappointment, and I lift my head to see what had ruined the would-be moment. The dappled moonlight glances off something dark. I narrow my eyes and make out the form of a horned horse; the cute creature had scurried beside his legs. I had heard of these horned ones before, but this is the first time I’ve seen one. My disappointment quickly gives way to something far more pleasant - something like awe. “Don’t apologize,” I interject hastily. I forgot how gravelly and rough my voice sounds, but I like it. It suits me.

He asks if I’m okay, which seems like a reasonable question given the circumstances, but it will be a cold day in hell when I moan to some stranger about a few bruises. I stretch my wings upwards thoughtfully and offer a crooked smile his way. “Oh, yeah, it’s nothing,” I wave off the injuries dismissively. I mean, I'll sleep them off in no time anyways. Whatever.

Far more interestingly, the animal I had been watching seems familiar with this guy. I’m still a little fixated on both of them because, well, the whole situation is pretty incredible. I gesture to the pointy one and ask, “What’s that? I thought we were having a moment. Do you live alone out here?” Why am I babbling like this? It's been so long since I've talked to someone that now I sound like some kind of socially challenged moron. Ugh. I promise I'm not some weirdo. Cross my heart.

OOC: Yes please to tags! :) @[Sacre]

I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold.
Temari 09 - a1Star

Messages In This Thread
Let the wild rumpus start - by Nimue - 01-03-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Let the wild rumpus start - by Sacre - 01-03-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Let the wild rumpus start - by Nimue - 01-04-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Let the wild rumpus start - by Sacre - 01-10-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Let the wild rumpus start - by Nimue - 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM