the Rift

[OPEN] The Sound of a Dreamer

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

"So cool..."

The words are but a mere murmur yet my ears perk at the sound, swiveling my attention to the anomaly in the woods quiet, my head raising from its idle grazing. I chew absently at the stems already in my mouth, musing over the source of the sound as only instinct can, tilting my head, bemused in the moment. My great wings shuffle at my side, a casual motion but one that quickens the flow of blood in my mortal body as I flex my flight feathers and encourages the urge to seek. I think briefly of the winged kin i had met before in the woods some cycles of the sun before. Would the Sky yet guide me to them so soon, I wonder? The thought almost pleases me.

Ponderously, I lift a heavy foot and carefully begin my march forward, navigating a crooked and arbitary path on patches of soft earth to keep my advance as quiet as my bulk would allow with low brush could be avoided. You could say i am threaded with caution though I have no fear. It is simply of good practice to be careful, of which I always am. No traveler could or would be otherwise, for the world is wide and fraut with danger as it is beauty. This I know. I am wise in that way.

However, I am not wise in all things and suddenly I am met with something...unexpected. Before me not only stands an odd formation of stone but yet another stranger, some native of this land. And I was struck suddenly by the unusual nature of him. As a traveler of the sky I have seen many things but nothing at all in my memory did I recall a figure like this...a figure that bore no wings but instead a spiral of red bone on its brow. Odder stiller was the fox that leaned so fondly against his shank as though the equine was its mother. What exactly was at play here?

I regard the stranger cooly, paused on the cusp of the clearing and peering inward as I observed intently, whismically changing between the two before settling on the dark horned one before me.

"You're stranger... I say after a moment as a nonchalant comment, the words gliding from my mouth without meaning to as I head into the clearing toward the river, bending my head to it surface to drink from, sparing only a glance at the stranger.

"blahblahblah."
@[Sacre] ( Hope its alright to drop in ^^;)
For flame, for heart
Image Credit
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
The Sound of a Dreamer - by Sacre - 01-03-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-06-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Kvothe - 01-13-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Sacre - 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: The Sound of a Dreamer - by Hearth - 01-31-2015, 12:17 PM