the Rift

let's go home [ arabella/herd ]

Alan Posts: 28
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10
Adoptable
sorry that it took me sooo long to get this up, but I figured we could do a round or two more in the Threshold thread? I'm pretending Arabella gave her name, let me know if you want me to change that. <3

Alan wasn't quiet about her thoughts, her ideals, her way of looking at things. Of course, she hadn't been lecturing little Arabella on it during the journey home, but a satisfaction had spread in her gut at the easy manner in which the odd spotted mare had accepted her offer. That, though, was just the cherry on top of it. The best part was that she'd barged in on her and a filthy skyrat, had snarled the white winged thing off, and thus, essentially, brought home this pretty girl right from under the vermin's pesky nose! All in all, it made for a happy Alan, and she'd set a brisk though not unreasonable pace towards home. Long charcoal legs had carried her swiftly across a terrain which gradually began to slope upwards, tail held proudly above the ground as she answered any questions the mare might have, or told her of nonsense things, like how pretty the Edge was.

Pretty mares like pretty things, no? At least, she hoped it was so. Sunlight was filtering down through the yellow-and-red leaves, though the patches of shadow were smaller than they had been. A carpet of newly fallen frondescence muffled the sounds of her hooves, and that of the spotted mare Arabella. The cry of a gull was carried in by the noon wind, bringing the scent of brine with it; they lived close by the sea, even if the weren't exactly on a beach. "Aaand we're home, sweetheart," she purred happily, leaping across one of the charred branches left by the various fires which had wrecked the Edge. Most trees had healed up well, though she guessed it'd take a few more years before it was perfect again. "What do you think so far, eh?"

And don't you say something negative! Fuh.

Messages In This Thread
let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Alan - 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Arabella - 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Tamlin - 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
RE: let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Arabella - 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Alan - 09-19-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: let's go home [ arabella/herd ] - by Tamlin - 09-19-2012, 05:08 AM