the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cutthroat Chromosomes

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

I DON'T FOLD UP AND I DON'T BOW

Confutatis' reaction pleases him - he likes a mare willing to forsake her own discomfort to defend her offspring. His children will be in good hands with the war-woman, and he fully expects them to grow strong, into little conquerers who will bend and crush and fuck the world before them. He will be able to have little part in their upbringing - his herd needs him, needs his guidance and his flag above their heads as they march to war. He wants to stay, to see how colt and filly grow, but he cannot. He must return to his duties.

Nymeria is the girl's name, and he likes it. Volterra and Nymeria. Dragon-king and witch-queen, reunited. Confutatis' offer for Argen to be involved in their lives, and his grandson's acceptance, please the warmonger greatly, and convince him that his children will grow up strong with a masculine influence in their lives. "Thank you, Argen. I could think of nobody I would trust more in my stead," he says. Cynder flies around with the bronze, excited chattering emitting from her jaws and Tyradon can feel her pleasure at the bronze's company; a friend. She is lonely in their other herd, as Tyradon is the only one with a dragon. She has spent most of her life alone, with just the black beast for company, and whilst she obviously adores him, she still craves contact with her own species. Tyradon will not begrudge her this, and he watches with the hint of a smile around his grey eyes at the sheer happiness that radiates from his green. "A fine name," he adds, gaze lingering on Solomon. He cares little for the fact Argen's father had dismounted and simply left, because Tyradon himself has done similar countless times before. He has little time for clingy mares who hang onto their lover's coat-tails, and trains his daughters to expect similar treatment - it is in a stallion's nature to take his pleasure and go. Of course, raising their offspring to be strong is always a bonus, but not an obligation. "If I catch sight of him on my travels, Argen, I will be sure to notify him that you are looking for him." He thinks he would recognise the man with his bronze, if it came to it. But, he muses, perhaps Argen does not need his father, as he has become so great without.

A sigh leaves the lord's nostrils, then. "I wish I could remain and speak with you, Argen, and you, Confutatis, and help to raise the children, but I need to get back to my herd. I dread to think what state they are in after so many months without me." He had sent Cynder back regularly to check in and bring messages back and forth, but it wasn't the same. He looks to Argen, addressing the younger man directly. "If you ever grow tired of Helovia, send Solomon in search of Cynder - she will lead you to me. There are many women in my empire who would love to get to know you." The smirk upon the behemoth's face makes it apparent what he's talking about. Head dips for one final time in Argen's direction before he looks to Confutatis and the twins. "And you, vampire. When they are old enough to conquer without us, my kingdom could use you as its queen." Sharp muzzle extends, aiming to touch his nose to hers in perhaps the softest gesture he's ever attempted towards her - he retracts his nose sharpish, though, in case she should still be in her no-touching stage of afterbirth.

He looks down to the children then, grey eyes fixing on Confutatis as his muzzle extends again to try and blow softly on first colt, then filly. He wants to touch them at least once before he goes; perhaps he does have a heart after all. He wants them to know his scent at least, to have an image of him in their minds as they grow from wet little weaklings into all-devouring demons. With that the monstrous stallion turns and begins to move away at a thunderous trot, towards the outskirts of Helovia and his waiting herd outside. He feels Cynder's reluctance to leave the bronze dragon; first she coos her sad farewell to Solomon, then touches her scaled nose to the black egg, before she flies swiftly after her bonded and circles high above him with her flame-tail leaving a trail of smoke behind her.

Beast and dragon move away together, away from their beloved family and towards their duty.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Messages In This Thread
Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Confutatis - 01-04-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Tyradon - 01-04-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Confutatis - 01-19-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Confutatis - 01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Argen - 01-20-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Tyradon - 01-21-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Cutthroat Chromosomes - by Argen - 02-08-2015, 11:04 AM