:: :: ::
S
I
L
E
N
C
E
Sounds of life tinged in the forest like bells and chimes on Christmas Day. My first reaction to the sudden burst of chattering and chirping and chiming was annoyance, but as my journey progressed the noise became comforting, almost soothing, like a balm on cracked skin. I had traveled in silence (haha, funny me) for so long that white noise was a refreshing break from the quiet norm. It had taken a while, but I finally had left my deserted land and life in search of a new beginning.

You see, my old life had it's ups and downs. After being raped by a crazy jackass stallion, being held captive for, oh, I don't know, most of my freaking life, and raising a son that acted just like his daddy, I thought that I would never find peace. However, only a short year later I was rescued and taken in by the Lights and treated with dignity and respect. I loved it there, but everything fell straight down the hill as time progressed. Horses disappeared, leaders came and went, positions were shoved and shifted to one another until the land was deserted and nothing remained. I stayed, though, in case anyone ever returned, but after a while it seemed pointless and I was ready to move on. Going through so much had really taken a toll on my outward appearance; however, my soul was still intact and as fresh and bright as ever. The long journey from the old, battered realm to this land of fresh and new life was filling, even if I was simply going to pass through.

I coughed and sniffed. The air was chilly from the coming frost of the winter, but the leaves were returning to their former glory. I walked over the leathery carpet of the forest and shouldered my way between trees. Perhaps this place wasn't so bad? I would consider staying, however I had yet to see another equine around. I shook out my charcoal name, the glass bead tingling against the other protrusions. Sighing, my chocolate orbs searched for another sign of life that wasn't a woodland creature.

i
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Shark In The Water - by Silence - 01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Elsa - 01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Silence - 01-05-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Elsa - 01-05-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Silence - 01-05-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Vale - 01-06-2015, 03:44 AM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Elsa - 01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Silence - 01-08-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Shark In The Water - by Vale - 01-09-2015, 08:33 PM