the Rift

[OPEN] United We Stand, Now And Forever

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

K V O T H E

“I walk a Path few may follow. I walk the Path of the Observer, of the Writer, of the Teller.
I walk the path of the Bard.”

It was time. I had been idle in Helovia, purposeless. Albeit i'd not been in this land long, but time was precious to a creature such as i, and i was not one to remain without cause, without purpose for long. My talk with the crafter Finn had sparked an idea, a hope inside of me that burned bright. Elodin had picked up on my growing excitement as i headed towards the sea, towards the place where so many legends began and ended. He walked beside me on the journey, for as his kind were wont to do he was upon his feet in hours, especially when Rei and i discovered a particular berry he enjoyed. Frequently i stop, however, and at times when he refused to rise i would carry him upon my back.

When we reach the sea i can feel his excitement, his curiousity. This...companion, this bond between us... oh i cannot even grasp the words to how precious it is to me already. To think, that one day we will be able to speak with words and images together... the thought of it has my lips curling. Already Elodin is a handful, thrice now i have lost sight of him and when i find him he is in some sort of trouble or mess. Miniature baby antelope and thick spiderwebs are a nasty combination. But now he frolics on the sand, sticking his nose into everything. I'm not surprised at all when he lets out a holler that shouldn't come from something that small and barrels towards me with the foul end of a hermit crab attached to his nose.

I pull the crab as gently as i could from my bonded's muzzle, and the moment i set it down he begins playing with it, albeit with more caution than before. Good lad. Now, it was time for my work to begin. I raise my head, tasting the salt air on my tongue and feeling the wind through my mane. Finn had been here last i saw him, and i hoped he was still here, lingering nearby. "Finn! T'is Kvothe, i wish to speak with you!" I call out to the air as loud as i could, which startles Elodin and has him darting for cover between my legs, his small body hunched up and still.

My tail curls around his small body, and i can feel him relaxing into the warmth of my hair. He is precious, fragile and innocent... and i love him. It is hard for me to believe he hatched(literally. One of the strangest sights i've seen yet, and that is saying alot) scarce but a few days ago, he is rather active for a newborn, but when his energy runs out he just falls. It scared me quite a few times, i had feared he'd fallen dead on the ground. But nope, just sleeping. One of the rare times he isn't a little devil.

I stand there, an ankle cocked and a baby antelope near my leg, awaiting the arrival of Finn.

"Kvothe's speech."
"Elodin's speech."

OOC: This is the thread to begin the troupe :D I'd like for Finn to post first though, so Kvothe and him can officially form the gang. This will be for those wishing to join the troupe, or those interested/curious about it

Word Count: 516 Tags: @[Finn] @[Reyna] @[Caenan]

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Messages In This Thread
United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-12-2015, 05:02 PM