[OPEN] United We Stand, Now And Forever

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
F
I
N
N
Thrilled as I was to know my friend had returned to me unscathed, a perturbed expression leaked across my own features as he spoke mention of the strange murders occurring all across Helovia. I, too, had heard of them not so long ago, making for many uneasy nights. I prayed I might fall asleep only to wake up to many more glorious sunrises, wishing the same for the few friends I had made, like Kvothe and Midas.

But we had not come together again to discuss such a somber topic.

Shifting my attention back down to the small form of the dik-dik, or Elodin as Kvothe introduced him, a smile quickly replaced that oppressive frown. Oh, he was a doll, and I hoped that it would take little time for little Elodin to grow comfortable around me and, and --- I am awestruck as the little thing lets out a bleat, as though suddenly at ease, and turns to prance about the beach.

"Aye, he is," comes an agreement riding on a gentle chuckle, amber gaze shifting to Kvothe. The tale of how Elodin came to be is a terribly strange one, and I hardly notice the tilting of my head nor the confused furrowing of my brows as I regard him. It is a story I must know, but perhaps it could wait for another day. There are things of greater importance to discuss.

"I have been well," I give in simple answer, "Keeping to myself, mostly; with the recent going-ons, I'm not sure who I can trust and who I cannot, much to my chagrin." Because I was a social creature who thrived in the company of others, but I also quite valued my life.

At the mention of the offer bestowed upon me weeks ago, my eyes grew wide, dancing with excitement at the memory of our first meeting. It had been short, but our aspirations were mutual, and I wished for nothing more than to make it all a reality. To live a good, simple life surrounded by friends and family, never calling one singular place 'home', bringing joy to as many as possible.

Leveling my gaze with Kvothe's, or as well as I was able to, anyway, I was powerless to rein in the smile that slipped across my face. "It would be my greatest honor and privilege to serve beneath you, Kvothe."

Speak
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-05-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: United We Stand, Now And Forever - by Finn - 01-12-2015, 05:02 PM