the Rift

[PRIVATE] Arsonist's Lullaby

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Pale gems turn to view her slowly, weariness seeming to linger and sap at his very marrows, turning to dial on reaction speed to something far less capable of defending himself. To his credit, her words had not been set in a tone to inspire fright, and he was correct in assuming that she was no more of a threat than the blossoms that drifted on the river's surface. His eyes reflect that train of thought, a pale azure that draws her in, the concern in her budding like blossoms on a birdsong branch. She steps a little closer, watching as his gaze- like all others- was drawn to her wings. Learning they were not a normality in Helovia had been odd, but she'd quickly grown accustomed to the large range of reactions her form brought about. Patiently she awaited him, lavender eyes crinkled at the edges, her concern unwavering despite his exhaustion and distraction.

Finally, a quirk of peach lips lets her shoulders fall down in minimal display of relief, though her expression never wavers. Though his sincerity is flawless, she doubts him. Perhaps he was lying to himself? It was likely, as mere moments later he was muttering bitterly beneath his breath. A soft coo of understanding touched her lips, nearly as quiet as his own ruminations.

"Just because you shall be alright does not mean you currently are," she pointed out as gently as she could manage. Leliel had never failed to grow spiky and vicious when she continued to press, lightly though it may have been. It had instilled in Muriel a tentativeness, a hesitance to her own comforts. Though there was little physically ill with the stranger, and Muriel did not know him well enough to aid him in any other way, so she let him slip into his silence and draw his barriers round with a sort of ignorance that affected them both.

He asks after Muriel next, and she startles, lavender gems going wide and a startled smile flying to her lips. She'd been so lonely lately, she hadn't heard that question posed for many weeks. Seasons, even. "I am doing well. Better now that I have company," she admitted somewhat shyly, but her smile was radiant. Even the most mulish of strangers could lighten her day just because they deemed her worthy of being around.

Stepping closer, her wings fluttered demurely, a better tell to her emotions than anything her face could display. She was nervously excited, beckoning him subconsciously closer with little curls of her wingtips, wishing not to ruin the tentative association they'd formed. "My name is Muriel. Can I know yours? Perhaps I can help you take your mind off whatever has caused you such distress," is offered, voice dropping back to concern and a desire to help as she mentioned his previous state of disarray, face expressive with her dismay over his emotional well-being. Surely not her business, but her heart was too big to not encompass him.

@[Gull]

Muriel
Show me beautiful, and I'll show you wonderful
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Arsonist's Lullaby - by Muriel - 01-05-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-06-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-11-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-11-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-12-2015, 03:13 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-18-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Gull - 01-25-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Muriel - 01-07-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: Arsonist's Lullaby - by Muriel - 01-09-2015, 01:11 AM