M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

The day had been going about as normal as possible, as I threw myself into my work as a healer in order to distract my mind from any sort of emotional baggage that dared to start unzipping in my mind. Before me were some of the herbs that Sikeax had brought to our lesson, and I was trying to memorize the healing properities of each one, as well as the risks and advantages of combining certain medicinal properties. There had yet to be a need for me to actually heal anyone, and the added peace of the lands made the risk of battle wounds less than likely to happen. But it was the best way for me to force myself to get through the day without allowing myself to think about foolish things.

A shadow cast across the sand from a pegasus flying overhead caught my attention, and I immediately looked up to see a black stallion passing, but something didn't look...right. Auds pricked with curiosity as I completely forgot about my task at hand, heading towards the direction of the pegasus. Something was wrong, and as I passed climbed over a sand dune, I knew that I was right. A stallion of ebony hide, ivory hair and massive wings like those of a bat lay crumpled in the sand. A large, leathery wing hid his face, but I could hear the muffled sobs. "Sir?" I asked, not really sure how to approach him.

I recognized the stallion, though we had never officially met before and his name escaped me. He was another shadow figure of the herd, a stranger that I only knew by appearance. I felt incredibly awkward and invasive, simply standing there wondering what had happened to the stallion. But I couldn't leave him, stallion's didn't just break down crying over nothing. And I was a healer...Was he hurt? "Are you...alright?" Of course he wasn't alright, look at him. Slowly I took a few steps closer, careful to give him enough room in case he was volatile to strangers. But something told me that I was safe from harm, something told me that this stallion had nothing for me to fear. His appearance on any other day may have been intimidating, fear-inducing, an obvious display of power and wit. Not today...Today, right here in my care...This was a stallion that was completely, utterly, devastatingly broken.

Broken.

Carefully I lowered myself into the sands beside him, not close enough to touch him, but close enough to reach him if I needed to. "My name is Morrigan. I'm a healer here...Can I help you?"

OOC: @[Satanic Silk] And anyone else that wants to join the pity party! Continued from Answer Me This where he comes back to the throat...

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Picking Up The Pieces - by Morrigan - 01-06-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Picking Up The Pieces - by Satanic Silk - 01-13-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: Picking Up The Pieces - by Morrigan - 01-25-2015, 11:01 PM