M
O
R
R
I
G
A
N

As the stallion revealed himself to me, my auds flicked around with sympathy and I felt more intrusive than ever when our red eyes met. I don't believe I could recall a time where I had ever seen a stallion in such a state, an absolute wreck with so much pain in his eyes that my own heart ached for him. I was hopeful for a split second when he lifted his head to speak to me, but the hope vanished as he let his crown drop to the sands with dead weight. There was a loss for words on my end as I stared at him, fumbling through my mind for the correct response before finally shaking his head. "I don't belive that to be true...It may not be immediate, nor may it be easy...But I'm sure, no matter what has happened to you, time will help." It was the only thing I could think to say, a rather pathetic attempt at being hopeful and trying to sound like I actually knew what I was doing when I didn't even know what had happened.

Tragedies were not strangers to the lives of those that surrounded me, I was finding that out slowly, piece by piece. We were all broken, in some form or another. Someone, something, somehow had broken us at a point in our lives when we truly believed that there was nothing that could possibly help us. There were some that were left with horrendous scars, whether they could be seen with the naked eye or not. Others let the tragedies change them, morph them into something that they never thought they could become, an empty shell wandering the earth or a painted mask that no one could recognize. We all had our own tragedies, we all hid our own secrets, and we all believed that we were beyound help. Slowly, perhaps because of my own history and secrets, I was beginning to learn the truth of it all. We were not incapable of being helped, we simply did not want the help that was offered - be it from the right person at the wrong time or the wrong person at the perfect opportunity. I wasn't sure which that I was to the stallion that lay beside me, but I was not going to simply give up on one of my fellow herdmates simply because they had given up on themselves.

Cautiously, gingerly, and quietly I shuffled my weight in the sands to scoot slightly closer to the brute. Slowly I reached for him with my muzzle, using my nose to tenderly brush away some of his mane before settling back to look at him. "Perhaps I cannot help you, but I am still here to offer my assistance...I'm...I'm a pretty good listener, I think...If you don't mind my asking, what happened?"

OOC: @[Satanic Silk]

Image By Tribs
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Picking Up The Pieces - by Morrigan - 01-06-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Picking Up The Pieces - by Satanic Silk - 01-13-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: Picking Up The Pieces - by Morrigan - 01-25-2015, 11:01 PM