the Rift

[OPEN] a dead man's touch

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The man's face is not collapsing in, nor is the flesh slipping off of white bone. No, it's not rotting and disturbing, but the eyes that still roll around in their sockets.. they are. The milky white color stares back at me, past me, and my skin crawls beneath my dark coat; all I can see as I stare at those god forsaken eyes is the lifeless body that slipped from my guts so many years ago. A cold, gooey lump forms in my throat and refuses to go away no matter how hard I swallow. "..Hello?" he finally pushes a word from his body and I stop in my tracks, no longer fearful of the stranger who I know is living... barely. Dark eyelids close over the galactic spirals of white, revealing something that I had not yet caught after being so distracted by his dead eyes; a thick scar crosses over his entire face, starting from one eye and slicing to the other.

I clamp my jaws tight, ears twisting forward as if I was waiting for the sound of his ragged breathing to reach me. Once more I swallow hard, wanting to clear my throat, but unable to find the nerve to. I stand frozen, tail arched uncomfortably while I stare at the man with four wings. "Where are you?.. Where's Muriel?" Muriel? My bottom lips hangs for a second before I can find any words; my mind is so stuck on the painting of the dead foal that I cannot focus. "I don't know a Muriel." Finally I am able to at least give this stranger what information has successfully penetrated my thoughts. Brows furrow and my right ear twitches, the metal making a soft clink as it bounces off of it's nearby rough antler.

Cold water rolls up the shore, scooping around all four hooves as I watch the man in the ocean. Where I stand now he's not very far from reach; if I wanted to wade out and come just a little closer, it would only take a few strides to the right and a hop into the deeper water to stand along side his jagged body. The sand begins to suck my feet down, but I do not struggle against the movement. "What happened to you?" My voice finally breaks past the disgusting ball in my throat, raspy and cold. Violet eyes eat away at his body, teeth gritting together between strong jaws as I quickly begin to understand just how disheveled this man is.

Again I remember my last visit to this same beach, but this time I can only imagine what I looked like to others' eyes. I too was bony and starving, and lost. There was a mare who found me collapsed on my side that had taken pity on me and fed me water.. her name and face are lost in thoughtless memories, but the sympathy she had for me was something I wouldn't soon forget. Stained teeth click together in my head. "Let me help you." The words burn in my mouth; I have the slightest idea of how to actually help this dark man.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
@[Leliel]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Messages In This Thread
a dead man's touch - by Leliel - 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: a dead man's touch - by Agrona - 01-07-2015, 04:14 AM
RE: a dead man's touch - by Leliel - 01-07-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: a dead man's touch - by Agrona - 01-08-2015, 06:30 PM